Trick or treat! This Saturday we’re baking up a special Halloween treat guaranteed to turn any devilish ghoul into a sweet lil angel. Our MONSTER Monster Cookies are loaded with tasty chocolate chips, M&Ms, and cookie butter. That’s right, cookie butter instead of peanut butter! The perfect ingredient to sweeten up the scariest of beasts and fearsome of demons! Happy Halloween!
MONSTER Monster Cookies
½ cup unsalted butter, softened
1 cup light brown sugar
½ cup creamy cookie butter
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 whole egg
¾ cup all purpose flour
¼ teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon baking soda
1½ cups old fashioned oats
1 cup M & M’s
1/2 cup Heath Bits
½ cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Cream butter and brown sugar until light and fluffy, about 3 minutes.
3. Add in cookie butter and mix for 1-2 minutes.
4. Add in vanilla and egg. Mix until combined.
5. Combine flour, salt and baking soda in a small bowl.
6. Add the dry ingredients to the batter in two parts and mix on the lowest speed. Mix for a little less than a minute. Do not over mix.
7. Fold in old fashioned oats, M&M’s and chocolate chips.
8. Drop dough onto a parchment line cookie sheet.
9. Bake cookies for 11-13 minutes or until lightly golden brown.
10. Remove from the oven and let cookies completely cool before decorating. Decorate your Monsters with extra cookie butter, sprinkles, and candy eyes!
*recipe inspired by Chef Savvy