This Labor Day weekend we are celebrating the end of summer with a driveway party. There will be plenty of fun in the sun as we frolic through the sprinkler while enjoying sweet treats til the summer sun sets Summer you’ve been good to us. Til next year!
Author Archives: Trina and Tina
Selling Sweets Take 2
For years we’ve been asked if we would be willing to see our sweet treats. In the past we’ve declined, but folks the time has to come to share our passion for baking with our local community. Yes, you heard that right. Sister Sweetly Cookies will be available for sale in the Overland Park, Kansas area. We will be featuring four types of cookies, each deliciously unique. Last week we featured our Toffee Oatmeal Scotchies and Sea Salt Semi-Sweet Chocolate Cookies. This week we are showcasing our Espresso Dark Chocolate Chip and Sugar Dusted Sugar Cookies. Stay tuned for pricing and how to order. Thanks in advance for the support as we share SWEET joy through our homemade goodies.
For years we’ve been asked if we would be willing to see our sweet treats. In the past we’ve declined, but folks the time has to come to share our passion for baking with our local community. Yes, you heard that right. Sister Sweetly Cookies will be available for sale in the Overland Park, Kansas area coming very soon. The details are still unfolding, but for now we can share that we will be featuring four types of cookies, each deliciously unique. Over the next two weeks we will be showcasing these yummies. Up this week are our Toffee Oatmeal Scotchies and Sea Salt Semi-Sweet Chocolate Cookies. Stay tuned for pricing and how to order. Thanks in advance for the support as we share SWEET joy through our homemade goodies.
Sweet Dreams! Literally! When you dream of wedding cake cookies you make wedding cake cookies! The cloud like, spongy texture with hints of almond and vanilla are what dreams are made of! Topped with sweet, homemade buttercream. You may never want to wake up!
Sweets And More Sweets
Brownies and cookies. Our favorites! And this weekend calls for both. Life is too short not to indulge a little. Or a lot. Here’s permission to bake your favorites too. Happy Saturday!
Red, Sweet & Blue
Happy Fourth of July All! What’s on your agenda? A little fun in the sun? Barbecues or picnics? Fireworks? We are hanging with friends and family on our driveway under the sprinkler with a slip & slide and water balloons. Old fashioned fun! We’ll be enjoying pina coladas, homemade salsa, and a very special sweet treat: Red, White, and Blue Chocolate Chip Bars. Enjoy your holiday!
Chocolate Chip Cookie Bars:
- 1 cup butter flavored Crisco
- ¾ cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 tbsp vanilla
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 cup dark choc chips
- ½ cup white chocolate chips
Vanilla Buttercream Frosting:
- ½ cup 1 stick unsalted butter softened
- 3 cups sifted powdered sugar
- 3 tablespoons milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ⅛ teaspoon salt
Chocolate Chip Cookie Bars:
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and line a 9×13 pan with foil and spray with cooking spray and set aside.
- In a bowl, whisk together the flour, baking soda and salt, set aside
- Using mixer, add crisco and sugars together in a mixing bowl and mix on medium-high speed until smooth and creamy about 2 minutes.
- Add eggs and vanilla and mix until combined, about 1 minute.
- Add in the flour mixture to the wet mixture and mix together until combined.
- Stir in chocolate chips using a rubber spatula.
- Press cookie dough evenly into pan. (I lightly spray my finger-tips with cooking spray to make it easier or you can do it with a rubber spatula.
- Bake for 30-35 mins.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool completely.
- While cooling, make the frosting.
Vanilla Buttercream Frosting:
- Using mixer, mix all the ingredients together until creamy and frosting consistency you like. You can add more powdered sugar if you need it to be a little stiffer or add in more milk if you need it more creamier.
- Frost cooled cookie dough bars with frosting and add decoratives immediately after frosting, because the top of the frosting will firm up, so they won’t stick.
- Cut into small squares.
*recipe inspired by The Baking Chocolatetess
No Mess Sweetness
If you’ve been with us for awhile you know we’re all about decadence. The ooey-gooeier the better. But in this early start to the heat of the summer season these kind of treats can prove to be down right messy when outdoor plans are involved. This is when our favorite Sugar Cookie recipe comes in handy. They are a crowd pleaser and the extra sprinkle of sugar on top adds the right amount of zing to keep our extra sweet-craving tastebuds satisfied. A no mess goodie for the win!
Yay! Hooray! Yippee! Hallelujah! All of the cheers for summer. School is officially over. Time to celebrate. No surprise…our celebrations ALWAYS include sweet treats. We’re planning to make our favorite loaded chocolate chip cookies. We’ll sprinkle in a variety of red, white, and blue m and ms to honor our loved ones, military, and country. Happy Memorial Day! Happy summer!!!
Sweets For Sweet Friends
Wow! It’s been a tough year. But things seem to be looking up. We’ve seen more friends, been out and about more, and given more hugs than we did all last year. It sure feels good! You know what else feels good? Gifting our sweet friends with our favorite sweets. Chocolate is our love language and we feel that a gift of chocolate will ALWAYS brighten someone’s day. This Saturday we’re baking our favorites, brownies and chocolate chip cookies, and giving them to some of the sweetest people we know. Friends, hugs, chocolate…yep, things are definitely looking up!!!
Mom’s Are The Sweetest
There’s nothing much sweeter than a mother’s love. And she deserves nothing less a sweet treat full of all her favorite sweets. That’s why this Mother’s Day, we’re hosting a Make Your Own Brownie Trifle Bar. Brownies, ice cream, whip cream, pink frosting, and a variety of chocolates and toppings layered up just the way she wants in a cute little mason jar. May your Mother’s Day be the sweetest one yet!