We are truly blessed with tons of friends and tons of social gatherings. And we have become the “go-to” sweet treat makers of our group. Fortunately for us, we love baking and never run out of ideas (thank you, Pinterest). This Saturday we stumbled on a recipe that is sure to please a crowd. Velvet Sugar Cookie Bars. Soft, sweet and delicious. In case you too find yourself in need of a crowd pleasing treat this weekend, we gotcha covered. Happy Saturday!
- 2 1/2 cups unbleached flour
- 2 TBSPs unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/2 tsps baking powder
- 1/2 tsps salt
- 14 tbsps butter flavored Crisco
- 1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 tsps vanilla extract
- 1 tsp white vinegar
- 8 oz cream cheese room temperature
- 4 TBSP unsalted butter room temperature
- 1 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 cups powdered sugar not packed
- red sprinkles
- Red and blue M&Ms
Preheat your oven to 350 degrees. Spray a 9 by 13 inch glass baking dish with cooking spray and set aside.
In a large bowl mix together 2 1/2 cups flour, 2 TBSPs cocoa powder, 1/2 tsp baking powder, and 1/2 tsp salt.
Cream together the 14 TBSPs (1 3/4 sticks) Crisco and 1 1/2 cups sugar until light and fluffy. Add in the eggs, one at a time, then 2 tsps vanilla and 1 tsp white vinegar.
Slowly add in the flour mixture a little bit at a time until the dough is fully combined.
The dough will be very sticky. Press it into the bottom of the baking dish and bake for 20 to 22 minutes.
Remove from the oven and allow it to cool completely.
Meanwhile, mix together the butter and cream cheese until fully combined. Add the vanilla extract. Slowly mix in the powdered sugar until fully combined. Spread over the cooled bars and top with sprinkles and M&Ms.
*recipe inspired by Wine and Glue
What are a couple of girls to do when they can’t decide between their two favorite indulgences? The only answer, as we see it, is to get creative and combine them! Chocolate Loaded Cookie Fries are at the top of our cheat day menu. Uniting our love of sweet chocolate and salty french fries makes this one satis”frying” Saturday!
Chocolate Loaded Cookie Fries #tbt
Follow the directions for our Ultimate Sea Salt Cookies except press the dough into a parchment lined 9×13 pan and bake for 25 min at 350 degrees. Make sure the middle is done. Once cooled use a pizza cutter and slice into thin cookie strips. Dip into your favorite sauces. Our dips include hot fudge, caramel sauce, cookie butter, and vanilla frosting. YUM!
Nothing says a snow day like warm Chocolate Chip Cookies. After shoveling multiple times in the last couple of days, we have decided that we’ve definitely earned a sweet treat. And really, there is never a need to twist our arm anyway ‘cause when the snow falls all we want to do is warm up with something baking in our oven. And then, when we throw in a little heath and m&ms, we know we’ve found the best way to watch the snow fall…before heading back out to shovel again.
our favorite cookie dough recipe
No need to look under the bed! Monsters have invaded the kitchen just in time for National M&M Day and Halloween!These aren’t your typical hairy, slimy ghouls. Nope! These guys are darn right pleasing and dare we say devilishly dreamy! We’re trick and treating by swapping cookie butter for the traditional peanut butter. Our Cookie Butter Monster Blondies are exactly the kind of creeps we like hanging around and creeping into our tummies! Better get me while we can because these tasty suckers won’t stick around for long!
- 1/2 cup butter flavored Crisco
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup cookie butter
- 2 egg whites
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 and 3/4 cup all purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 and 3/4 cup quick cooking oats
- 3/4 cup dark chocolate chips
- 1 cup M&Ms
- 1/2 cup Heath Bits
- Preheat oven to 350 F. Grease a 9 x 13 pan and set aside.
- In a large bowl, cream together Crisco and brown sugar. Beat in cookie butter, egg whites and vanilla.
- In a separate bowl, stir together flour, soda and salt. Add to large bowl and stir until combined. Add oats, chocolate chips, M&Ms, and Heath Bits.
- Press into greased pan. Add additional M&Ms to the top, if desired, pressing them into the dough slightly.
- Bake for 14 – 16 minutes or until edges are slightly brown or until toothpick inserted comes out clean. Do not over bake. Let cool a bit before slicing. Letting them cool completely is best. But its almost impossible to wait that long.
* recipe inspired by Chocolate With Grace
We’re shaking with excitement over all the hoopla surrounding Halloween. There’s only 4 weeks left until this spooktackular day. Good thing we’ve carved out some time each Saturday to create some special potions. Today our cauldron is full of little creepy crawlers. Normally, we’d never get this close to a spider, but when they are this darling and oh so tasty how could we resist! Our Not-So Spooky Spider Cookies are creeping their way into our mouths and we like it!
- 1/2 cup Butter Flavored Crisco Sticks
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 egg white
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup cocoa powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour*
- 48 thin pretzel sticks, broken in half
- 24 brown m&ms
- 48 yellow, green, orange, and red m&ms
- black icing pen
*Spoon & Sweep method: Use a spoon to fill measuring cup with flour until required amount is obtained. Scooping measuring cup directly into flour bag will firmly pack flour resulting in too much flour required for recipe.
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Cream Crisco and sugar until light and fluffy using an electric mixer, about 3 minutes.
- Add egg white and vanilla. Beat until combined.
- Add cocoa, baking soda, baking powder, and flour.
- Shape dough into 1-inch balls. Roll. Add 4 pretzel sticks to each side of the cookie, making 8 legs.
- Place on baking sheets, 2 inches apart. Bake for 9 to 11 minutes. When the cookies come out of the oven, place a brown m&m in the center of each cookie. Add a matching pair of m&ms for eyes while the cookies are still warm. Put a dot of black icing in the middle of the m&ms for the eye balls.
- Allow to cool slightly, then transfer to wire racks to cool completely.
*recipe inspired by Imperial Sugar
What if we told you that you can enjoy raw cookie dough without the guilt? We’re not talking about the guilt that comes from eating too much junk food. Rather the liability you might get after eating something that upsets your insides. No need to heat the oven or dirty your cookie sheets. Grab a spoon – the bigger the better! We promise you won’t regret eating every bite of our Everything Edible Cookie Dough! Everything Edible Cookie Dough
2 cups flour
1 cup brown sugar
1 cup softened butter
2 tablespoons almond milk
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 teaspoon salt
2 cup mix of chocolate chips, M&M’s, white chocolate chips, and Heath Bits
1. Preheat oven to 350˚F/175˚C.
2. Evenly spread flour on a baking tray and bake for 5 minutes.
3. In a large bowl, mix flour, sugar, butter, vanilla, almond milk, and salt until combined evenly.
4. Stir in the mix of chocolate chips, M&M’s, white chocolate chips, and Heath Bits.
2 cup mix of chocolate chips, M&M’s, white chocolate chips, and Heath Bits
President’s Day doesn’t get a whole lot love. Other than a day off of school, it tends to pass without proper celebration. Not around here this year! Patriotism is alive and well in our kitchens with red, white and blue Patriotic Magic Bars. It’s our way of honoring the good ole USA! Patriotic Magic Bars
1 stick butter (1/2 cup)
1 (14 oz) Can Of Sweetened Condensed Milk
1 1/2 cups graham cracker crumbs
1/2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
1/2 cup white chocolate chips
2 cups M&M’s (Red, White, Blue)
1 cup flaked coconut
Put butter in 13″ x 9″ pan and place in the oven on 350*F. Melt the butter in the pan while preheating. It will take 5 to 10 minutes.
When butter is melted, remove pan from oven and carefully sprinkle the graham cracker crumbs over the melted butter. Press lightly with the back of spoon.
Pour sweetened condensed milk over the crumb layer.
Sprinkle 1/4 cup of the semi and white chocolate chips, and 1 cup of the M&M’s over the sweetened condensed milk layer. Sprinkle all of the coconut on top, followed by remaining chocolate chips and M&M’s.
Bake in your oven for 25-30 minutes or until a little brown. Remove from oven and allow them to cool completely.