It’s Saturday and its summertime. No need to ask if you have plans! But are you in need of a no-melt dessert for your outdoor party, camp out, road trip, or daily driveway surf? How about Toffee Rolled Cookie Butter Cookies! With cookie butter baked right in they’re mess free. And doubling the batch makes the perfect amount for a crowd. Take it from us they’re mom approved and you won’t even need the Fels Naptha when every last crumb is gone! Happy Summering!
- 1/2 cup butter flavored Crisco
- 1/3 cup creamy cookie butter spread
- 3/4 cup light brown sugar
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 egg whites
- 2 Tbs water
- 1/4 cup almond milk
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 Tbsp cornstarch
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 2 cups unbleached flour
- 1 cup Heath Butter Brickle
- Preheat oven to 350°
- Line baking sheet with parchment paper, set aside.
- In bowl of stand mixer cream together Crisco, cookie butter, milk, water and both sugars about 2 minutes.
- Add in egg white and vanilla and mix until combined.
- With mixer still running add in salt, cornstarch and cinnamon and mix until incorporated.
- Turn mixer to low and add in flour, mixing until dough comes together. Stir in brickle.
- Roll 2 Tbs scoops of dough into remaining back of brickle. Then drop onto prepared baking sheet, about 2 inches apart.
- Bake for 10 minutes until edges just begin to become golden. Allow cookies to cool on baking sheet for a few minutes and then transfer to wire rack to cool completely.
*recipe inspired by Cookies and Cups