Pretty much if the recipe calls for cookie butter we’re in. But when we learned Trader Joes stocked its shelves with jars upon jars of PUMPKIN Speculoos Cookie Butter, we were really, really IN! Legit a way to kick off pumpkin season. Pumpkin Cookie Butter Rolo Blondies definitely propelled our love of all things cookie butter to a whole new level!
Pumpkin Cookie Butter Rolo Blondies
1/2 cup Crisco
2 cups brown sugar
1/2 cup Trader Joe’s Pumpkin Speculoos Cookie Butter
2 large eggs
1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/4 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 cup Heath Bits
1 cup Rolos (unwrapped)
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease or spray a 9×13-inch pan.
2. Mix the Crisco and brown sugar in a small saucepan until smooth. Stir in cookie butter until incorporated.
2. While that is cooling, combine flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt in a separate bowl.
3. Add one egg at a time into the cooled butter/brown sugar mixture, mixing well. Add vanilla extract and stir until combined. Add in the dry ingredients and stir until just combined.
4. Spread the batter into the prepared pan. Sprinkle the Heath Bits and Rolos over the top, pressing down lightly into the batter.
5. Bake at 350 degrees for 20 to 25 minutes or until set and golden brown. Cool slightly in pan, but cut into squares before Rolos harden.
*recipe adapted from Rachel Cooks
It’s Saturday and we’re here to let you in on a little secret. We found a real treasure worth every calorie – Trader Joe’s Cookie and Cream Cookie Butter! The regular cookie butter is already to die for, but the cookies and cream version is straight out of this world super spesh! Now you can eat it straight out of the jar by the spoonful, make Deep Dish Cookies and Cream Cookie Butter Oatmeal Toffee Cookies, or you can do both! We know it’s hard to believe that we did just that! Kidding! Take it from us -RUN, don’t walk, and get yourself a jar!
Deep Dish Cookies and Cream Cookie Butter Oatmeal Toffee Cookies
1 1/2 cups old fashioned oats
1/2 cup Gold Medal all-purpose flour, plus 2 tablespoons flour
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup Crisco, at room temperature
1/2 cup Trader Joe’s Cookies & Cream Cookie Butter
1/2 cup granulated sugar
1/2 cup light brown sugar
1 large egg
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/2 cup toffee bits
Ice cream, for serving, optional
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Grease ramekins (6 oz size) with cooking spray. Set aside.
2. In a medium bowl, whisk together the oats, flour, baking soda, and salt. Set aside.
3. In a different bowl add the Crisco, cookie butter, sugar, and brown sugar and beat on medium speed until smooth and creamy. Add the egg and vanilla extrat and beat until smooth.
4. Reduce the mixer speed to low and slowly add the dry ingredients, beating only until blended. Stir in the toffee bits.
5. Take about 1/4 cup cookie dough and press it into a ramekin. Continue with the rest of the dough. Place the ramekins on a large baking sheet and bake for 10-12 minutes or until cookies are golden around the edges, but still soft in the center. You want them to be a little under baked. Remove from the oven and cool for 2 minutes. Top the deep dish cookies with a scoop of vanilla ice cream, and serve warm.
• recipe adapted from Two Peas and Their Pod