Most people start their Super Bowl menu planning with deciding between lots of appetizers like nachos, wings, pizza, etc. Not us tho! As with all of our major and minor events we plan sweet treats first! Don’t get us wrong, we’ll have plenty of other snacks, but dessert before dinner is our number one rule! This year is extra special again because our hometown Kansas City Chiefs are playing in the big game again this year!!! Woot! What could be better than Mahomes Magic Crunch Cereal Cookies made with the limited edition Patrick Mahomes cereal, you ask? Only a big KC win would make them even sweeter! Go Chiefs!
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup butter flavored Crisco
- 1 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs whites
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups Mahomes Magic Crunch Cereal
- 3/4 cup old-fashioned rolled oats
- 1/2 cup dark chocolate chips
- 1 cup red and yellow M&Ms
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Whisk together the flour, baking soda, and salt. Set aside.
- Using an electric mixer on medium speed*, combine the Crisco, brown sugar, sugar, egg whites, and vanilla until thoroughly combined.
- Reduce mixer speed to low. Gradually add the flour mixture, mixing just until combined. Fold in the cereal, oats, chocolate chips, and M&Ms.
- Drop the dough by tablespoonfuls onto the prepared pans. Bake 8 to 10 minutes, or until the edges are lightly browned.
- Cool on the pans for 10 minutes. Then transfer the cookies to a wire rack to continue cooling.
- Cheer on the Chiefs!
*recipe inspired by Bake or Break
When it’s Super Bowl Sunday and you’re home team has made it to big game, you go big or go home. And we’re going big with Mahomes Magic Bars. These yummy treats are dedicated to our beloved quarterback, Patrick Mahomes. Our QB 1 sure does make some magic on the field and we’re hoping he can bring home a sweet Super Bowl victory. Kansas City Chiefs, Let’s go!!!
- Non-Stick Cooking Spray
- 1 1/2 cup graham cracker crumbs
- 1/2 cup melted butter
- 1 14oz can sweetened condensed milk
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- 1 1/2 cup Red M&M candies
- 1 cup crushed Oreos
HEAT oven to 350°F. Coat 13 x 9-inch baking pan generously with non-stick cooking spray.
COMBINE graham cracker crumbs and butter in small bowl. Press into bottom of prepared pan. Pour sweetened condensed milk evenly over crumb mixture. Layer with Oreos, chocolate chips, and M&M candies. Press down firmly with fork.
BAKE 25 to 30 minutes or until lightly browned. Allow to cool on a wire rack for at least one hour. Cut into bars, serve and enjoy.