Our outdoor plans were canceled this Memorial Day weekend due to the never ending rain. Seriously, it hasn’t stopped in days. No hanging by a fire pit around here! Oh well. Change of plans. We’re turning our campfire s’mores into Gourmet Smore’s Cups filled with vanilla marshmallows, Hershey’s kisses, and white chocolate marshmallow M&Ms. This new spin might just be tastier than the original. We’ll definitely want s’more!
- 1 cup graham cracker crumbs
- 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup butter flavored Crisco
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1 large egg white
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 24 vanilla marshmallows
- 24 Hershey’s Kisses
- Marshmallow Fluff M&Ms
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a large bowl, combine graham cracker crumbs, flour, baking soda, and salt. Set aside.
- In another bowl, beat the Crisco and sugars together until creamy and smooth. Add in the egg white and vanilla extract and mix until combined. Slowly add the dry ingredients and mix until just combined.
- Drop rounded tablespoons of dough into a greased mini muffin tin. Press dough down into the muffin tin using a spoon or something round so there is a small indent in the dough. Bake for 6-8 minutes or until edges are just golden brown. Remove from oven and gently press 2 marshmallows onto each cookie. Let cool completely.
- Once cooled, preheat broiler. Place cookies under the broiler for 1-2 minutes, keeping a close eye on them so they don’t burn. Once marshmallows are golden brown, remove from oven and place a Hershey’s Kiss on top of each cookie and sprinkle with M&Ms.
*recipe inspired by Fabulously Frugal