Happy Snow Day! It’s January after all, so we might as well embrace it. If you haven’t played in the snow for awhile then you may have forgotten the toll it takes on the bod. Not on the kids, by any means, but they will get it in 30 years! However, everyone can attest to the hunger one feels after an afternoon spent frolicking in the white stuff. Better have something on hand to feed all of the ravenous vultures! How about giving our Loaded Oatmeal Cookie Butter Dump Cake a try? It only takes a few ingredients (extra chocolate candies can be added to change it up :)) and can be made ahead too! It’s the perfect way to refuel before heading back outside!
The weather has been hot! Definitely too hot to sit around a fire pit! So today we decided a no-bake, no-fire recipe was necessary to fulfill our baking needs. You’ve surely heard of indoor s’mores, but we’re stepping them up a bit! Our Gourmet S’mores Bars will truly have you begging s’more!
• 1 box of Golden Grahams cereal
• ¼ cup butter
• ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
• 1 package marshmallows cut into small pieces
• ⅔ cup dark chocolate chips
• 1 cup Rolo
•. 1/2 cup Mini chocolate chips
•. 1/2 cup Heath Bits
1 In a large saucepan melt butter over medium heat until completely melted. Add the marshmallows and stir constantly until melted.
2 Once melted, remove from heat and quickly add the Golden Grahams cereal. Stir until the cereal is fully coated in marshmallow.
3 Spray a 13 x 9 inch baking dish with non-stick cooking spray. Pour the cereal mixture into the baking dish and lightly press the mixture down evenly. Sprinkle ⅓ cup of the mini chocolate chips, Rolos, Heath Bits on top of the treats. Melt the remaining chocolate chips for 30 seconds in the microwave. Drizzle evenly all over the top. Cool for 20 minutes. Once cooled cut into bars to enjoy!
*recipe inspired by Life in the Lofthouse
Whistles are blowing, marching bands are marching, and crowds are cheering. Are you ready for some football! You most likely won’t find us watching the game play for play, but grazing the tailgate spread instead, especially if Brownie Bugles Bites are on hand. Think puppy chow meets white trash smothered in gooey goodness. It’s definitely a game changer!
4 cups Brugles
1 (5.3 ounce) package Rolos, unwrapped
1 cup Heath Butter Brickle Bits
2 tablespoons butter
1 dark chocolate brownie mix , plus ingredients on the back of the box
1 cup of dark chocolate chips
Put Bugles into a large plastic bag. Set aside.
Melt Rolos in a heat safe bowl over a pot of hot simmering water. When they are almost all the way melted, stir in butter until combined.
Pour the melted chocolate/caramel mixture into the bag of Bugles. Gently move it around with both of your hands.
With only half of the Bugles covered, open the plastic bag, and sprinkle in 1 1/2 cups dry brownie mix and Heath. Continue moving it around in the bag gently.
Make the other half of the brownies mix with 1.5 eggs, 1/3 cup oil, 2.5 tbs of water. Melt 1 cup dark chocolate chips.
Pour the bugle mixture into a bowl and cover with the made brownie mix. Place on a parchment lined large baking sheet and pour melted chocolate on top and gently stir. Allow to cool.
*recipe inspired by Simply Gloria
The calendar says today is March 19, but good fortune is shining on us because our St. Patrick’s Day party continues. The leprechaun in us was sugar craving for an Irish treat. Lucky for us we discovered Irish Cream Rolo Brownies. It’s better than finding gold at the end of a rainbow!
Brownie Mix, eggs, oil
1 package of Rolos, unwrapped
Irish Cream coffee creamer
1 tub of cream cheese frosting
2 Tbsp Irish Cream coffee creamer
1 tsp instant coffee
Prepare brownies according to package directions, substituting Irish Creamer for the water. Stir in Rolos. Bake at 350 degrees for 25 min in a 9×9 pan. Allow brownies to cool completely.
Beat cream cheese frosting, 2 Tbsp Irish Creamer, and instant coffee in a small bowl until light and fluffy. Spread over cooled brownies. Top with Heath bits.
* recipe inspired by Plain Chicken
Pretty much if the recipe calls for cookie butter we’re in. But when we learned Trader Joes stocked its shelves with jars upon jars of PUMPKIN Speculoos Cookie Butter, we were really, really IN! Legit a way to kick off pumpkin season. Pumpkin Cookie Butter Rolo Blondies definitely propelled our love of all things cookie butter to a whole new level!
Pumpkin Cookie Butter Rolo Blondies
2 cups brown sugar
1/2 cup Trader Joe’s Pumpkin Speculoos Cookie Butter
2 large eggs
1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/4 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 cup Heath Bits
1 cup Rolos (unwrapped)
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease or spray a 9×13-inch pan.
2. Mix the Crisco and brown sugar in a small saucepan until smooth. Stir in cookie butter until incorporated.
2. While that is cooling, combine flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt in a separate bowl.
3. Add one egg at a time into the cooled butter/brown sugar mixture, mixing well. Add vanilla extract and stir until combined. Add in the dry ingredients and stir until just combined.
4. Spread the batter into the prepared pan. Sprinkle the Heath Bits and Rolos over the top, pressing down lightly into the batter.
5. Bake at 350 degrees for 20 to 25 minutes or until set and golden brown. Cool slightly in pan, but cut into squares before Rolos harden.
*recipe adapted from Rachel Cooks
It’s a special time of year for us. Almost as great as our birthday. We get to celebrate the most important ladies in our lives, including each other. It’s Mother’s Day weekend and we’re taking full advantage of it. We will be enjoying some much needed “me” time, getting pampered by our families, and sweet treat cheating all weekend long. Candy Bar Poke Cake. Enough said!
Happy Mother’s Day to all moms, especially ours! We love you!
- 1 box chocolate cake mix, plus ingredients on back of box
- 1 cup hot fudge sauce
- 1 tub (8 oz) Cool Whip, thawed
- 2 cups chopped assorted candy (we used M&M’s, Kit Kats, Snickers, Rolos, Hershey Bar & Heath)
- 1/2 cup caramel sauce
- 1 can of sweetened condensed milk
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease a 13×9 inch pan with cooking spray.
- Make the cake according to the directions on the back of the box. Pour into the greased pan and bake for 30-35 min. Cool completely.
- Once cooled, poke holes through the cake. Mix the can of sweetened condensed milk and 1/2 cup of caramel sauce. Pour over the holes. Sprinkle with Heath Bits.
- Spread the Cool Whip on top of the cake. Top with the chopped, assorted candies. Drizzle the top with the caramel sauce and hot fudge.
- Eat and enjoy!
*recipe adapted The Domestic Rebel
Ever had the feeling that something is missing in your routine? Well, that’s us these last couple of weeks. Traveling and busy schedules have kept us from doing our favorite Saturday baking ritual together. Not this week! We are staying put and feel the need to whip up something extra special. Rolo Oatmeal Cookie Bars are just what our sweet tooths ordered!
Rolo Oatmeal Cookie Bars
- 1 cup butter flavored Crisco
- 1 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 tbsp milk
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 1 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 1/2 cups old fashioned oats
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup Rolo Bites candy
- Preheat oven to 375ºF. Grease a 9×13 baking dish.
- Mix together the butter, brown sugar, and eggs. Mix in the milk, vanilla, flour, baking soda, salt, and oats.
- Stir in the chocolate chips, and Rolos.
- Spread the dough in the prepared baking dish. Bake for approximately 20-25 minutes. The edges should be set and golden brown.
- Allow to cool for at least 10 minutes before cutting. (Unless you can’t wait, like us!)
*recipe adapted from Something Swanky
We know, we know..we’ve already showcased our delicious (and oh so easy) GORP recipe. BUT it is a must make again! We are getting together with our girlfriends this weekend and it wouldn’t be a girl’s trip without it. Why not whip up a batch with some of your favorite candies and snacks. Then find your favorite people to share it with. Happy indulging!
GORP (The Sister Sweetly Way!)
- 1 bag Dark Chocolate M&Ms
- 1 bag Peanut M&Ms
- 1 bag Mini Crunch Bars
- 1 bag Heath Bars
- 1 bag Hershey’s Caramel Kisses
- 1 bag Mini Snickers Bars
- 1 bag Rolos
- 1 bag Twizzler Nibs
- 1 bag pretzel sticks
- 1 box Chocolate Chip Teddy Grahams
- 1 bag Fudge Brownie Goldfish
- 1 bag Vanilla Cupcake Goldfish
Unwrap ingredients and empty into a large bowl. Mix ingredients to your liking. Put handfuls of GORP into baggies.