Red-y. Set. Here we GO! AGAIN! This week’s Santa approved sweet fuel is also Rudolph worthy! We all know he leads the sleigh every Christmas Eve and most deserving of a treat in his honor. Bake up a batch or two of our Red Velvet White Chocolate Toffee Cookies. Guaranteed to keep you on the NICE list which means many more returns by Santa and his reindeer!
- 1 1/2 cup all-purpose flour , spooned and leveled (careful not to over measure)
- 2 tablespoons cocoa powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup butter flavored Crisco
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1/3 cup brown sugar , lightly packed
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 large egg white
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2-3 teaspoons red food coloring
- 3/4 cup white chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup Heath Butter Brickel
In a large bowl whisk together the flour, cocoa, cornstarch, baking soda & salt.
In a separate large bowl beat the Crisco and sugars together on medium speed until light & fluffy.
Beat in the egg white, vanilla extract and food coloring.
With the mixer on low, beat in the flour mixture about 1/2 at a time.
Turn off the mixer and stir in the white chocolate chips and toffee.
Using a cookie scoop, form dough into balls of about 1 tablespoon in size. I got a total of 27 cookies. Put cookies on a plate, cover with cling wrap, and refrigerate for 3+ hours.
When ready to bake, preheat the oven to 350F degrees. Line 2 cookie sheets with parchment paper or a silicone baking mat. The tops should look almost set when you remove them from the oven.
Place cookies 2 inches apart on the tray, and bake for 7-9 minutes.
* recipe inspired by Just So Tasty