Happy almost Independence Day! Want a unique July 4th treat? How about making your own red velvet cookie butter? And better yet, using it to frost your freshly baked sugar cookies! Furthermore, add blue M&Ms to complete the festive red, white, and blue motif. It’ll be the perfect replacement for your traditional cherry pie or box of bomb pops.Red Velvet Cookie Butter
1 Package of Red Velvet Oreos
4 Tablespoons Butter
½ Cup Sweetened Condensed Milk
¼ Cup Evaporated Milk
Water (as needed)
Twist the Oreo cookies, scoop out the filling and place in a medium size bowl. Set aside.
Place the Oreo cookie shells into a food processor and blend until a soft powder forms.
Heat a small sauce pan to low and add the butter until melted.
Add the sweetened condensed milk, evaporated milk and oreo filling and stir until blended.
Pour ½ Cup of the liquid into the cookie crumbs and stir. Repeat until the mixture is wet enough to stick together. Don’t over do it, it you prefer thicker cookie butter. Keep adding liquid if you prefer thinner cookie butter.
Check the consistency. If you prefer a thinner cookie butter add water ⅛ teaspoon at a time until you reach your desired consistency.
*Recipe inspired by Food And Wine
Sister Sweetly’s favorite sugar cookie recipe
If you have kids you know how important the educators are that touch their lives each day. Our kids are very lucky to go to schools with amazing teachers who truly care about their students! What better way to thank them for their endless support than with A+ Brownies! We”ll be scoring major brownies points for sure! Happy Teacher Appreciation Week!
- 1 box of dark chocolate brownies, plus ingredients on the back of the box
- waffle pretzels
- chocolate chips
- M&M Minis – Red and Green
- Bake brownies according to the directions on the back of the box.
- Allow brownies to cool for 10 minutes.
- Plaxe 7-8 Pretzel on a microwave plate lined with parchment. Cover the pretzels with chocolate chips. Heat in a microwave oven for approximately 45-50 seconds. The exact timing will take a bit of trial and error. You want the candy melts to be melted enough to press the M&M into, but not so melted that the chips melt lose their shape.
- Once the chocolate chips are softened, place six red Mini M&M’s on the melted chocolate. Finally, add two green Mini M&M’s at the top of the apple to represent the apple stem/leaves.
- Put the apple pretzels on top of the brownies and press to make them stick.
- Give to you child’s outstanding teachers!