Pretty much if the recipe calls for cookie butter we’re in. But when we learned Trader Joes stocked its shelves with jars upon jars of PUMPKIN Speculoos Cookie Butter, we were really, really IN! Legit a way to kick off pumpkin season. Pumpkin Cookie Butter Rolo Blondies definitely propelled our love of all things cookie butter to a whole new level!
Pumpkin Cookie Butter Rolo Blondies
2 cups brown sugar
1/2 cup Trader Joe’s Pumpkin Speculoos Cookie Butter
2 large eggs
1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/4 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 cup Heath Bits
1 cup Rolos (unwrapped)
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease or spray a 9×13-inch pan.
2. Mix the Crisco and brown sugar in a small saucepan until smooth. Stir in cookie butter until incorporated.
2. While that is cooling, combine flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt in a separate bowl.
3. Add one egg at a time into the cooled butter/brown sugar mixture, mixing well. Add vanilla extract and stir until combined. Add in the dry ingredients and stir until just combined.
4. Spread the batter into the prepared pan. Sprinkle the Heath Bits and Rolos over the top, pressing down lightly into the batter.
5. Bake at 350 degrees for 20 to 25 minutes or until set and golden brown. Cool slightly in pan, but cut into squares before Rolos harden.
*recipe adapted from Rachel Cooks