No need to look under the bed! Monsters have invaded the kitchen just in time for National M&M Day and Halloween!These aren’t your typical hairy, slimy ghouls. Nope! These guys are darn right pleasing and dare we say devilishly dreamy! We’re trick and treating by swapping cookie butter for the traditional peanut butter. Our Cookie Butter Monster Blondies are exactly the kind of creeps we like hanging around and creeping into our tummies! Better get me while we can because these tasty suckers won’t stick around for long!
- 1/2 cup butter flavored Crisco
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup cookie butter
- 2 egg whites
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 and 3/4 cup all purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 and 3/4 cup quick cooking oats
- 3/4 cup dark chocolate chips
- 1 cup M&Ms
- 1/2 cup Heath Bits
- Preheat oven to 350 F. Grease a 9 x 13 pan and set aside.
- In a large bowl, cream together Crisco and brown sugar. Beat in cookie butter, egg whites and vanilla.
- In a separate bowl, stir together flour, soda and salt. Add to large bowl and stir until combined. Add oats, chocolate chips, M&Ms, and Heath Bits.
- Press into greased pan. Add additional M&Ms to the top, if desired, pressing them into the dough slightly.
- Bake for 14 – 16 minutes or until edges are slightly brown or until toothpick inserted comes out clean. Do not over bake. Let cool a bit before slicing. Letting them cool completely is best. But its almost impossible to wait that long.
* recipe inspired by Chocolate With Grace