Most people start their Super Bowl menu planning with deciding between lots of appetizers like nachos, wings, pizza, etc. Not us tho! As with all of our major and minor events we plan sweet treats first! Don’t get us wrong, we’ll have plenty of other snacks, but dessert before dinner is our number one rule! This year is extra special again because our hometown Kansas City Chiefs are playing in the big game again this year!!! Woot! What could be better than Mahomes Magic Crunch Cereal Cookies made with the limited edition Patrick Mahomes cereal, you ask? Only a big KC win would make them even sweeter! Go Chiefs!
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup butter flavored Crisco
- 1 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs whites
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups Mahomes Magic Crunch Cereal
- 3/4 cup old-fashioned rolled oats
- 1/2 cup dark chocolate chips
- 1 cup red and yellow M&Ms
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Whisk together the flour, baking soda, and salt. Set aside.
- Using an electric mixer on medium speed*, combine the Crisco, brown sugar, sugar, egg whites, and vanilla until thoroughly combined.
- Reduce mixer speed to low. Gradually add the flour mixture, mixing just until combined. Fold in the cereal, oats, chocolate chips, and M&Ms.
- Drop the dough by tablespoonfuls onto the prepared pans. Bake 8 to 10 minutes, or until the edges are lightly browned.
- Cool on the pans for 10 minutes. Then transfer the cookies to a wire rack to continue cooling.
- Cheer on the Chiefs!
*recipe inspired by Bake or Break