Leftover Halloween candy getting the best of you? Try this tip: eliminate it in one sweet sweep. Our Halloween Candy Cookie Butter Scotcheroos will alleviate the NEED to constantly dip your hand in the Halloween bucket! Bonus tip: share them with others and the candy will vanish before your eyes! Guaranteed!
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup creamy cookie butter
- 1 cup light corn syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 6 cups rice krispies cereal
- 11.5 ounces butterscotch chips 1 bag
- 11.5 ounces dark chocolate chips 1 bag
- 2 cups Leftover Halloween candy, unwrapped
Before cooking, cover a 9 in pan with parchment paper (leaving a overhang so you can remove easily later).
In a large saucepan, cook sugar, cookie butter, and corn syrup on medium heat until mixture begins to boil (stirring constantly). Once it begins to boil, remove from heat and stir in vanilla. Quickly add in rice krispies cereal and stir until evenly coated.
Pour mixture into prepared pan and use the back of a spatula to firmly press down the mixture along all sides of the pan until smooth. Allow to cool for 10 minutes.
Meanwhile in a glass bowl, melt dark chocolate chips and butterscotch chips together in 1-quart saucepan over low heat, stirring constantly. Once melted, pour over rice krispy bars and use a spatula to cover all the edges.
Top with leftover Halloween candy and refrigerate entire pan to allow the chocolate to set.
Once set, carefully lift the bars out of the pan using the foil overhang and gently peel back parchment from the sides. Cut bars with a sharp knife and store in airtight container.
*recipe inspired by Design Eat Repeat
We hope you had a great Halloween. We sure did! And once again, our littles didn’t disappoint. They brought home gobs and gobs of candy. Unlike us, they prefer the sugary sweet stuff, which means there’s an abundance of chocolate bars left for us to consume. We’re using these to our full advantage this Saturday and baking up a few batches of Halloween Candy Cookie Cups. We believe this is the perfect way to combine our love of our favorite cookie batter and chocolate bars! Halloween Candy Cookie Cups
Cookie Batter Ingredients and Directions
Top with favorite leftover Halloween chocolates
We know it’s nice to share. Heck we probably reinforce this idea several times a day with our children. However, this Saturday we are making a single serving double chocolate chip cookie. (It is the Sister Sweetly serving size, mind you. We have been known to double it! :)) This is the perfect recipe to make just a small goodie and still have room to dive head first into your kids’ leftover Halloween candy. This is where that sharing lessons applies!
Double Chocolate Chip Cookie
- 2 Tablespoons butter flavored Crisco
- 2 Tablespoons granulated sugar
- 2 Tablespoons light brown sugar (or dark brown)
- 2 Tablespoons Egg Beaters
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 Tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup dark chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350F degrees. Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper.
- In a medium size bowl, mix Crisco and sugars together with a spoon or fork until creamed. Mix in the egg and vanilla.
- In a separate small bowl, mix the flour, cocoa powder, baking soda, and salt. Pour the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients and mix to combine. Fold in 1/4 cup chocolate chips.
- Place the dough in the center of the baking sheet and mold into a tall ball using a spoon. Dot the top of the cookie with 1 Tablespoon of chocolate chips. Bake for 14-15 minutes, or up to 16 minutes. The cookie will appear very soft, but will firm up as it cools. Allow to cool completely on baking sheet.
*recipe adapted from Sally’s Baking Addiction