It’s a special time of year for us. Almost as great as our birthday. We get to celebrate the most important ladies in our lives, including each other. It’s Mother’s Day weekend and we’re taking full advantage of it. We will be enjoying some much needed “me” time, getting pampered by our families, and sweet treat cheating all weekend long. Candy Bar Poke Cake. Enough said!
Happy Mother’s Day to all moms, especially ours! We love you!
- 1 box chocolate cake mix, plus ingredients on back of box
- 1 cup hot fudge sauce
- 1 tub (8 oz) Cool Whip, thawed
- 2 cups chopped assorted candy (we used M&M’s, Kit Kats, Snickers, Rolos, Hershey Bar & Heath)
- 1/2 cup caramel sauce
- 1 can of sweetened condensed milk
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease a 13×9 inch pan with cooking spray.
- Make the cake according to the directions on the back of the box. Pour into the greased pan and bake for 30-35 min. Cool completely.
- Once cooled, poke holes through the cake. Mix the can of sweetened condensed milk and 1/2 cup of caramel sauce. Pour over the holes. Sprinkle with Heath Bits.
- Spread the Cool Whip on top of the cake. Top with the chopped, assorted candies. Drizzle the top with the caramel sauce and hot fudge.
- Eat and enjoy!
*recipe adapted The Domestic Rebel