Son of a Nutcracker! We all know nutcrackers feed on nuts. Duh! But did you know they also love gingerbread? Or at least that’s what we’re assuming by the looks of our rapidly disappearing Nutcracker Chow made with gingerbread infused cookie butter. The Nutcrackers at our Nutcracker Holiday Tea couldn’t get enough of the stuff and we’re pretty sure all of your holiday guests will feel the same. So get crackin and whip up a batch of your own! Sugar Fairy Approved!
- 9 cups Crispix cereal
- 1 cup dark chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup cookie creamy spread
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 1 1/2 cups powdered sugar
- 1 cup holiday M&Ms
- In a 1-quart microwavable bowl, microwave chocolate chips, cookie butter and butter uncovered on “High” for 1 minute; stir. Microwave about 30 seconds longer or until mixture can be stirred smooth. Stir in vanilla. Pour in the cereal, stirring carefully until evenly coated. Pour into 2-gallon ziplock bag.
- Add powdered sugar. Seal bag; shake until well-coated. Pour in M&Ms and shake. Store in an airtight container/bag in the refrigerator until ready to serve.
The tree is trimmed, the presents are wrapped, and our kids are ready to impress Santa with their sugar cookie creations! Let the festivities begin. It’s the most wonderfully sweet season of all! Merry Christmas!
Sugar Cookie Recipe