Oh My Gourd! Halloween is this Thursday! Tricks 👍🏻 Treats👎🏻No worries, My Pretty! This Saturday a couple of witches (who may look like us 😉) are stirring up a little Hocus Pocus and creating a spooky, yet oh so tasty treat. Our Chocolate Witch Hats Cookies are guaranteed to sweeten up even the nastiest of ghosts and goblins! Happy Halloween Darling!
- 1 1/2 cups butter, softened
- 1½ cups sugar
½ cup brown sugar tightly packed
• 4 large egg whites
• 2 teaspoons vanilla
• 2½ cups unbleached flour
• 1 cup dark cocoa powder
• 1 Tablespoon baking powder
• ¾ teaspoon salt
• 2 cups powdered sugar for rolling
• 3 dozen milk chocolate kisses unwrapped
Combine the butter and sugar in the bowl of a stand mixer and beat together until ingredients are well-creamed.
Add egg whites, one at a time, stirring until completely combined, and then stir in vanilla.
Gradually add flour, cocoa powder, baking powder, and salt to your wet ingredients until completely combined.
Cover bowl with plastic wrap and refrigerate at least 4 hours or overnight.
After chilling, preheat oven to 350F and prepare baking sheet by lining with parchment paper.
Roll dough into 1½ Tablespoon-sized balls and roll thoroughly in powdered sugar.
Transfer to baking sheet and bake on 350F for 10-12 minutes — take care to not over-bake.
Within 1-2 minutes of removing cookies from oven, gently press a chocolate kiss into the center of each cookie.
Allow cookies to finish cooling completely on baking sheet (that’s if you can wait!)
*recipe inspired by Sugar Spun Run
Our outdoor plans were canceled this Memorial Day weekend due to the never ending rain. Seriously, it hasn’t stopped in days. No hanging by a fire pit around here! Oh well. Change of plans. We’re turning our campfire s’mores into Gourmet Smore’s Cups filled with vanilla marshmallows, Hershey’s kisses, and white chocolate marshmallow M&Ms. This new spin might just be tastier than the original. We’ll definitely want s’more!
- 1 cup graham cracker crumbs
- 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup butter flavored Crisco
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1 large egg white
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 24 vanilla marshmallows
- 24 Hershey’s Kisses
- Marshmallow Fluff M&Ms
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a large bowl, combine graham cracker crumbs, flour, baking soda, and salt. Set aside.
- In another bowl, beat the Crisco and sugars together until creamy and smooth. Add in the egg white and vanilla extract and mix until combined. Slowly add the dry ingredients and mix until just combined.
- Drop rounded tablespoons of dough into a greased mini muffin tin. Press dough down into the muffin tin using a spoon or something round so there is a small indent in the dough. Bake for 6-8 minutes or until edges are just golden brown. Remove from oven and gently press 2 marshmallows onto each cookie. Let cool completely.
- Once cooled, preheat broiler. Place cookies under the broiler for 1-2 minutes, keeping a close eye on them so they don’t burn. Once marshmallows are golden brown, remove from oven and place a Hershey’s Kiss on top of each cookie and sprinkle with M&Ms.
*recipe inspired by Fabulously Frugal
We used to hate it when we’d ask our mom what we were having for dinner and she would reply, “Whatever you can find.” We renamed this dinner WYCF. And wouldn’t you know it -we still have it, but this time were the moms saying it! We’re applying this approach to our treat this week, except there’s no dislike involved. Our baking kitchens are full of all kinds of goodies and nothing is off limits. We’re loving every bite of our WYCF Brownie Parfaits!
Bake 1 box of brownies according to directions on the back of the box. Once cool slice into bite size squares.
Layer baked brownies with your favorite toppings in a jar and eat up! Yum!
Clutter no more! We’re doing a little spring cleaning by clearing out the kitchen cabinets of ingredients too few to make a treat on their own. No fooling around here! Kitchen Sink Brownies are doing double duty. Clean kitchen! Happy tummy!
Kitchen Sink Brownies
Ingredients and directions
- Bake one box of dark chocolate brownies prepared and bake according to directions on the back of the box
- Allow to cool for 10 minutes. Lightly press toppings on to the top of the baked brownies. Ours include pretzels, potato chips, dark chocolate chips, Heath, Rolos , Smore Girl Scout cookie, Butterfinger cups, Hersheys kisses