There’s beautiful music being made in the kitchen today and it isn’t coming from our budding artists or the radio. Our oven contains a crescendo of yumminess that it’s heard before, but this time it has a whole new tune. We’ve changed a few notes of a classic to produce Melody Bars – Symphony Bars with a kick! These mocha toffee brownies will have you humming with satisfaction and glee! Yippee!
1 box dark brownie mix, plus ingredients on the back of the box
1 Starbucks Via
2 large (4.25 oz) Symphony candy bars with almonds and toffee chips
1 cup Heath bits
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease the bottom of an 9×13 baking dish. Make brownie mix according to the directions on the back of the box. Stir in the Starbucks Via packet. Spread half of the batter into a prepared pan and place the candy bars side by side on top. Cover with the remaining batter, smoothing with a spatula. Sprinkle Heath bits evenly over the top and bake for 40-45 minutes. Cool completely in pan on wire rack before cutting.
Clutter no more! We’re doing a little spring cleaning by clearing out the kitchen cabinets of ingredients too few to make a treat on their own. No fooling around here! Kitchen Sink Brownies are doing double duty. Clean kitchen! Happy tummy!
Kitchen Sink Brownies
Ingredients and directions
- Bake one box of dark chocolate brownies prepared and bake according to directions on the back of the box
- Allow to cool for 10 minutes. Lightly press toppings on to the top of the baked brownies. Ours include pretzels, potato chips, dark chocolate chips, Heath, Rolos , Smore Girl Scout cookie, Butterfinger cups, Hersheys kisses
They say it’s your birthday and you can cry if you want…but we’ll happily treat instead! Cookie Butter Cookie Crack! Our wish came true! Cookie Butter Cookie Crack
- 16 ounces dark chocolate chips melted
- 4 ounces creamy cookie butter, warmed until pourable
- chocolate chunk cookies, crumbled (ingredients and recipe)
- 1 extra large dark chocolate bar
- 15 mini Heath bars
Bake 1/2 dozen chocolate chunk cookies according to recipe above
Prepare a baking sheet with parchment paper.
Pour the dark chocolate onto the wax paper and use a spatula to spread out the chocolate into a thin layer.
Pour the cookie butter over the chocolate and lightly swirl.
Crumble the chocolate chip cookies onto the chocolate mixture and lightly press down to adhere. Do the same with the dark chocolate bar and mini Heath bars.
Place the baking sheet into the fridge or freezer until fully hardened, about 2 hours.
Break into pieces and store in an airtight container in the fridge until ready to serve.
Wow, time flies! How can my sweet baby boy be 5 years old? People told me it would go by fast and he wouldn’t be little for long. And not, that I didn’t believe them. I’ve already been through this with my daughter. I just didn’t think it would really happen this fast this time around. It seems like yesterday that I was cuddling my new bundle of joy. Now I can barely keep up with him. For his birthday treat today, I tried to incorporate 3 of the sweet things he loves: brownies topped with Oreos and whip cream. Simply simple, yet perfectly perfect for my simply perfect 5 year old! Happy Birthday to my big boy!
Birthday Brownies Recipe:
•Two boxes of your favorite brownie mix
•One package of Oreos (birthday ones are perfect for Birthday Brownies!)
•One can of whip cream
1. Make the brownies according to the recipe on the box.
2. When cool, cut brownies into squares.
3. Top each brownie with whip cream.
4. Place an Oreo on top of the whip cream.
5. Sing happy birthday.
6. Blow out candles and make a wish.