Get Ready! Cake Batter Monster Cookie Cupcakes!!! Part cake batter. Part monster cookie. Blended together into a buttercream filled cookie cupcake. Perfection! Making our cookie monsters’ sweet dreams come true!!!
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter flavored
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar
- 1 large egg white
- 1 tablespoon almond milk
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 1/4 cup vanilla cake mix, dry
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup dark chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup M&Ms
FOR THE FROSTING
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup butter flavored Crisco
- 3 3/4 cups powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoons (10ml) pure vanilla extract
- 5 tablespoons almond milk
- sugar sprinkles for garnish
- Preheat the oven to 350° F. Combine the softened crisco with the brown and granulated sugar. Beat on medium speed until well combined, 2-3 minutes.
- Next add the egg white, almond milk, and vanilla extract and continue beating until well incorporated.
- In a separate bowl, combine the dry ingredients: flour, cake mix, oats, salt and baking soda. Stir to combine and slowly add the dry ingredients into the dough, mixing on low speed until dough starts to form.
- Before the dough thickens, add the chocolate chips and M&Ms. Beat a couple of times until they start to incorporate.
- Scoop the dough using a large cookie scoop and place in a greased muffin pan.
- Bake for 9 minutes. The center of the cookie should be slightly under baked but not too gooey. Allow to cool fir 2 min then use a small shot glass and press into the center of the baked cookie. Allow to cool in the muffin pan for 5-10 minutes before transferring to a wire rack to cool.
- For the frosting: Cut the butter into smaller pieces. Using the paddle attachment, whip the butter and Crisco for 5-7 minutes, scraping down the bowl occasionally, beating until the butter is very fluffy.
- Add the powdered sugar, vanilla extract & almond. Ensure the powdered sugar is well combined, then and whip for 3-4 minutes at high speed.
- To assemble the cupcakes use a cookie scoop and scoop the frosting into the indentation if the cookie. Place sprinkles on top. Yum!
We know the calendar says today is May 2, but in our kitchens it’s Cinco de Mayo. We are throwing a fiesta for our taste buds. And what’s a party without a pinata? Pinata Cupcakes are the best kind, as far as we’re concerned. You see, you get one all to yourself to smash, you get to have all the treats inside, and you even get to eat the outer packaging! This is going to be one partido dulche (sweet party)!
- makes 12 cupcakes
- for the cupcakes
- 1 box dark chocolate cake mix
- Heath Bits
for the filling
- 1/3 cup M&Ms
for the frosting
- 1 container dark chocolate frosting
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Instead of making the cake mix according to directions on the back of the box we are using these tips instead:
- add one more egg (or add two additional if you want it to be really rich)
- double the oil amount, but use melted butter instead of oil
- use milk instead of water. 3.Grease a muffin pan and pour ale batter 3/4 full in each muffin tin. 4.Bake cupcakes for 16-18 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. 5.Cool cupcakes completely before moving on to next steps. 6.When cupcakes have cooled, hollow out a small hole in the center using small sharp knife. Fill hole with M&Ms. 7.Pipe frosting onto cupcakes, decorate with Heath bits.
- Note: Serving and eating immediately recommended because the M&M’s soak up some moisture and lose their crunch after being inside of the cupcakes. (This will be no trouble for us!)
*recipe adapted from I Am Baker
Oh how we adore fall…mostly for the yummy treats associated with this season: crisps, cobblers, pumpkin everything and our newest love…maple! This Saturday we are trying out brown sugar maple cupcakes topped with cream cheese frosting and Heath bits. Bake up a batch, and maybe your love for fall will be even sweeter too!
Maple Brown Sugar Cupcakes
- 1 box of Pillsbury Maple Brown Sugar Cake Mix
- 1 can of cream cheese frosting
- Heath Bits
Make the cupcakes according to the directions on the back of the box. Allow cupcakes to cool completely. Once cool frost the cupcakes with cream cheese frosting and sprinkle with Heath bits. Savor!