Forget the tricks! Bring on the treats! While the kids are out filling their goodie bags with loads and loads of candy, we’ll be filling our bellies with Autumn Velvet Spider Cupcakes. Don’t worry we’ll share with our trick-or-treaters, just as long as we can raid their tasty loot. October 31 is a sugar overload kind-of day and we love every second of it. We hope you have a spooktacularly sweet Halloween! Autumn Velvet Spider Cupcakes
- 1 box of Duncan Hines Autumn Velvet Cake Mix, plus ingredients on the back of the box
- 1 container of cream cheese frosting
- 1 spider cupcake kit
- Follow the directions on the box for making cupcakes.
- Frost cupcakes with cream cheese frosting when cool.
- Assemble spiders using cupcake kit.
This Saturday we are hosting a Scarf Swap with our neighborhood friends. And you know we can’t host a party without including a few treats to share. We have several things on our menu but are most excited about the Pumpkin Bars. Tina got the recipe from a sweet friend at work. We simply can’t wait to bake it. We will be scarfing it up in no time!
Pumpkin Bars courtesy of Donna Swihart
It’s Mother’s Day and we dedicate this post to a extra special lady who can do it all – our mom! ! We thought it would be fitting to repost our mom’s famous Pumpkin Cake. It’s a crowd pleaser and a sweet way to show Mom how much she truly means. Happy Mother’s Day!
We love you Mom!
Mother Sweetly’s Pumpkin Cake
Pretty much if the recipe calls for cookie butter we’re in. But when we learned Trader Joes stocked its shelves with jars upon jars of PUMPKIN Speculoos Cookie Butter, we were really, really IN! Legit a way to kick off pumpkin season. Pumpkin Cookie Butter Rolo Blondies definitely propelled our love of all things cookie butter to a whole new level!
Pumpkin Cookie Butter Rolo Blondies
1/2 cup Crisco
2 cups brown sugar
1/2 cup Trader Joe’s Pumpkin Speculoos Cookie Butter
2 large eggs
1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/4 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 cup Heath Bits
1 cup Rolos (unwrapped)
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease or spray a 9×13-inch pan.
2. Mix the Crisco and brown sugar in a small saucepan until smooth. Stir in cookie butter until incorporated.
2. While that is cooling, combine flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt in a separate bowl.
3. Add one egg at a time into the cooled butter/brown sugar mixture, mixing well. Add vanilla extract and stir until combined. Add in the dry ingredients and stir until just combined.
4. Spread the batter into the prepared pan. Sprinkle the Heath Bits and Rolos over the top, pressing down lightly into the batter.
5. Bake at 350 degrees for 20 to 25 minutes or until set and golden brown. Cool slightly in pan, but cut into squares before Rolos harden.
*recipe adapted from Rachel Cooks
It’s official! Our pumpkin obsession has set in full force! Pumpkin Butterscotch Muffins seemed the obvious choice to ease into this addiction. Who are we kidding? We are going to “fall” in face first!
Pumpkin Butterscotch Muffins
Makes 2 dozen muffins.
• 1¾ cups all-purpose flour, sifted
• 1/2 cup packed light brown sugar
• 1/2 cup granulated sugar
• 1 teaspoon baking powder
• 1 teaspoon cinnamon
• 1/2 teaspoon ginger
• 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
• 1/4 teaspoon salt
• 1/8 teaspoon ground cloves
• 1 cup canned pumpkin
• 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter, melted
• 2 eggs
• 1 cup (6 ounces) butterscotch chips
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
Combine the flour, brown sugar, granulated sugar, baking powder, cinnamon, ginger, mace, baking soda, salt and cloves in a large bowl and mix well. Make a well in the center of the flour mixture.
Whisk the pumpkin, butter and eggs in a bowl until combined. Stir in the butterscotch chips and pecans. Add the pumpkin mixture to the well and fold just until the batter is moistened; do not overmix. Spoon the batter into greased muffin cups.
Bake for 20 to 25 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted in the centers comes out clean. Cool in the pan for 2 minutes. Remove to a wire rack and frost with cream cheese frosting.
*recipe from Texas Tables
Woot woot! It’s Saturday. Our favorite day! Our cheat and treat ourselves day. This week we are preparing for Easter and doing a trial run on a new recipe: Salted Caramel Carrot Poke Cake. Since it’s best after sitting in the refrigerator over night, it’s a perfect make-the-night-before and travel-with-the-next-day dessert. Why not take this “EGG”TRA-ORDiNARY yumminess to your Easter celebration? Every”bunny” will love it!!!
Salted Caramel Carrot Poke Cake
- 1 box Carrot Cake Mix
- 1 package Instant Vanilla Pudding
- 4 Eggs
- ½ cup Milk
- 1 cup Sour Cream
- ¾ cup Canola Oil
- 1½ cups Chopped Pecans
- 14 oz. can Sweetened Condensed Milk
- 1 container of cream cheese frosting
- Smuckers SaltedCaramel Sauce
- ½ cup Chopped Pecans
- Preheat 350 F.
- Combine cake ingredients except for Sweetened Condensed Milk and mix until combined.
- Pour batter into a greased 9 x 13 inch pan.
- Bake for 40-45 minutes.
- Let cake cool completely. Do not remove cake from pan, it cannot stand on its own.
- Once cake has cooled, use a skewer to evenly poke the cake about 25 – 40 times.
- Pour sweetened condensed milk over the cake and let set over night.
- Once cake has set spread frosting over the cake.
- Heat opened Salted Caramel Sauce jar in the microwave for 20 – 30 seconds.
- Pour SaltedCaramel Sauce over the frosting and top it with chopped pecans.
*recipe adapted from Living Better Together
The sweet smell of love (and sugar!) are in the air around here this Valentine’s Saturday. It just seems fitting to live by the moto, “Eat Cake for Breakfast!” with our delicious Red Velvet Pancakes. Except we are enjoying them later in the day at a meal we like to call Brinner. You know, breakfast for dinner! Red Velvet Pancakes will warm your heart and definitely your tummy!
Red Velvet Pancakes
* 1 box of Archer Farms Red Velvet Pancake Mix, plus ingredients on the back of the box
* Cream cheese to mix in included syrup packet
* chocolate chips
Make the pancakes and syrup according to the directions on the back of the box. Top with chocolate chips. Enjoy with your loved ones!