Are you hooked? Pumpkin spice is all the rage and we’re not immune to it. We’re skipping the coffee shop drive thru this morning and getting our fix from the oven instead. Our doctored up Pumpkin Spice Latte Mini Loaves with definitely satisfy our sweet tooth and caffeine cravings all in one!
- 1 box Libby’s Pumpkin Bread Mix, plus ingredients on the back of the box
- 2 Starbucks Vias
- Follow the directions on the back of the box. Stir in Vias.
- Fill a greased mini loaf pan 3/4 full. Tip each loaf with streusel topping. Directions below.
• 6 tablespoons butter
• 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
• 1/2 cup light brown, dark brown
• 1/4 teaspoon salt
• 1 to 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
1 Place the butter in a small pot over medium-low heat, until melted.
2 Stir in the remaining ingredients with a fork, until evenly distributed.
Bake the loaves for 18 min at 350 or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean. Cool then top with cream cheese frosting.
Even though Fall was so yesterday and it’s more like red velvet, chocolate covered strawberry season, we’re filling the kitchen this Saturday with the savory scent of Pumpkin Bread upon the request of one our kids. And it’s been a minute since we overindulged in this tasty treat, so why not! Plus we’re keeping it easy by following the simple instructions on the back of a box of Libby’s Pumpkin Bread Kit. Hands down the best pumpkin bread ever!
Saturday is here! Eeep!!! Let the Christmas baking festivities begin. Whether you have a neighborhood cookie exchange, office party, or early family get together, we’re here to help you bake something special to bring along. A little goodie called Frosted Snickerdoodles. They are just your regular cinnamony-sugary snickerdoodles elevated with tasty cream cheese frosting. ”Tis the season to share some sweets!
1 3/4 cups sugar, divided
1 stick Crisco Baking Sticks Butter Flavor
2 large egg whites
2 tablespoons almond milk
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
2 3/4 cups Pillsbury BEST™ All Purpose Flour
2 teaspoons cream of tartar
1 teaspoon baking soda
3/4 teaspoon salt
1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
1 can cream cheese frosting
HEAT oven to 400°F.
COMBINE 1 1⁄2 cups sugar, shortening, eggs, milk and vanilla in large bowl. Beat with electric mixer at medium speed until well blended.
COMBINE flour, cream of tartar, baking soda and salt in medium bowl. Add gradually to shortening mixture at low speed. Mix just until blended.
COMBINE remaining 1⁄4 cup sugar and cinnamon in small bowl. Shape dough into 1-inch balls. Roll in cinnamon-sugar mixture. Place 2 inches apart on ungreased baking sheets.
BAKE 7 to 8 minutes. Cool 2 minutes on baking sheets. Place on cooling racks to cool completely, then frost with cream cheese frosting.
Forget the tricks! Bring on the treats! While the kids are out filling their goodie bags with loads and loads of candy, we’ll be filling our bellies with Autumn Velvet Spider Cupcakes. Don’t worry we’ll share with our trick-or-treaters, just as long as we can raid their tasty loot. October 31 is a sugar overload kind-of day and we love every second of it. We hope you have a spooktacularly sweet Halloween! Autumn Velvet Spider Cupcakes
- 1 box of Duncan Hines Autumn Velvet Cake Mix, plus ingredients on the back of the box
- 1 container of cream cheese frosting
- 1 spider cupcake kit
- Follow the directions on the box for making cupcakes.
- Frost cupcakes with cream cheese frosting when cool.
- Assemble spiders using cupcake kit.
This Saturday we are hosting a Scarf Swap with our neighborhood friends. And you know we can’t host a party without including a few treats to share. We have several things on our menu but are most excited about the Pumpkin Bars. Tina got the recipe from a sweet friend at work. We simply can’t wait to bake it. We will be scarfing it up in no time!
Pumpkin Bars courtesy of Donna Swihart
It’s Mother’s Day and we dedicate this post to a extra special lady who can do it all – our mom! ! We thought it would be fitting to repost our mom’s famous Pumpkin Cake. It’s a crowd pleaser and a sweet way to show Mom how much she truly means. Happy Mother’s Day!
We love you Mom!
Mother Sweetly’s Pumpkin Cake
Pretty much if the recipe calls for cookie butter we’re in. But when we learned Trader Joes stocked its shelves with jars upon jars of PUMPKIN Speculoos Cookie Butter, we were really, really IN! Legit a way to kick off pumpkin season. Pumpkin Cookie Butter Rolo Blondies definitely propelled our love of all things cookie butter to a whole new level!
Pumpkin Cookie Butter Rolo Blondies
1/2 cup Crisco
2 cups brown sugar
1/2 cup Trader Joe’s Pumpkin Speculoos Cookie Butter
2 large eggs
1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/4 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 cup Heath Bits
1 cup Rolos (unwrapped)
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease or spray a 9×13-inch pan.
2. Mix the Crisco and brown sugar in a small saucepan until smooth. Stir in cookie butter until incorporated.
2. While that is cooling, combine flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt in a separate bowl.
3. Add one egg at a time into the cooled butter/brown sugar mixture, mixing well. Add vanilla extract and stir until combined. Add in the dry ingredients and stir until just combined.
4. Spread the batter into the prepared pan. Sprinkle the Heath Bits and Rolos over the top, pressing down lightly into the batter.
5. Bake at 350 degrees for 20 to 25 minutes or until set and golden brown. Cool slightly in pan, but cut into squares before Rolos harden.
*recipe adapted from Rachel Cooks