Hold onto your swim cap! We’re celebrating the end of the lazy days of summer with a sweet treat we’re coining 6 Degrees of Cookies and Creme Extreme! We mix up a box of our favorite dark chocolate brownies, mix in a crumbled dark chocolate baking bar, toss in chocolate covered Heath Bits, sprinkle with Brownie Batter Oreo pieces, drizzle with Cookies and Creme Cookie Butter, and once baked, dollop with more cookie butter! Do you see our chocolate concoction connection? Better yet – taste it for yourself! Happy Labor Day!
6 Degrees of Cookies and Creme Extreme
- 1 box of dark chocolate brownie mix plus ingredients on the back of the box
- 1 dark chocolate baking bar
- 1 cup Heath Bits
- 1 jar Trader Joes Cookies and Creme Cookie Butter
- 1 package Brownie Batter Oreos
Mix up brownie batter according to the directions on the back of the box. Break baking bar into small pieces and stir into batter. Add Heath Bits to batter and stir. Pour into a 9×13 greased pan. Crumble Oreos and sprinkle on top of batter. Heat 1/4 cup of cookie butter in microwave. Then pour on top of Oreo topped brownie batter. Bake at 350 degrees for approx. 30 minutes. Once finished making drizzle with more warm cookie butter. Dive in!
It’s Saturday and we’re here to let you in on a little secret. We found a real treasure worth every calorie – Trader Joe’s Cookie and Cream Cookie Butter! The regular cookie butter is already to die for, but the cookies and cream version is straight out of this world super spesh! Now you can eat it straight out of the jar by the spoonful, make Deep Dish Cookies and Cream Cookie Butter Oatmeal Toffee Cookies, or you can do both! We know it’s hard to believe that we did just that! Kidding! Take it from us -RUN, don’t walk, and get yourself a jar!
Deep Dish Cookies and Cream Cookie Butter Oatmeal Toffee Cookies
1 1/2 cups old fashioned oats
1/2 cup Gold Medal all-purpose flour, plus 2 tablespoons flour
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup Crisco, at room temperature
1/2 cup Trader Joe’s Cookies & Cream Cookie Butter
1/2 cup granulated sugar
1/2 cup light brown sugar
1 large egg
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/2 cup toffee bits
Ice cream, for serving, optional
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Grease ramekins (6 oz size) with cooking spray. Set aside.
2. In a medium bowl, whisk together the oats, flour, baking soda, and salt. Set aside.
3. In a different bowl add the Crisco, cookie butter, sugar, and brown sugar and beat on medium speed until smooth and creamy. Add the egg and vanilla extrat and beat until smooth.
4. Reduce the mixer speed to low and slowly add the dry ingredients, beating only until blended. Stir in the toffee bits.
5. Take about 1/4 cup cookie dough and press it into a ramekin. Continue with the rest of the dough. Place the ramekins on a large baking sheet and bake for 10-12 minutes or until cookies are golden around the edges, but still soft in the center. You want them to be a little under baked. Remove from the oven and cool for 2 minutes. Top the deep dish cookies with a scoop of vanilla ice cream, and serve warm.
• recipe adapted from Two Peas and Their Pod