Remember when you were younger and the taste of something new and delicious would make you mutter pleasing sounds under your breath? This Saturday’s treat does precisely that. Nummy Cookie Butter Cookies are guaranteed to give you the “num num” factor! Go ahead! It’s okay to talk with your mouth full when sweet treats are involved!
Nummy Cookie Butter Cookies
- 1/2 cup Crisco
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 1/2 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup cookie butter
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 cup old fashioned oats
- 1 cup butterscotch chips
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- 1 cup Heath Bits
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper and set aside.
- In a large stand mixer, cream together the Crisco and sugar for 2-3 minutes.
- Add in the egg and vanilla and mix until well combined. Be sure to scrape down the sides of the bowl.
- Add the cookie butter and mix.
- Add the flour, baking soda and salt and mix until the flour is just combined.
- Fold in the oats. Add chocolate chips, butterscotch chips, and Heath Bits.
- Bake for 12 minutes and then remove from the oven. Cool.
- Mutter “num num” as you indulge!
* recipe adapted from What’s Gabby Cooking