Hooray! It’s National Chocolate Cake Day! We can’t let a day this special go by without baking. And lucky for us it falls on a Saturday, so really going for it! We’re mixing our favorite -BROWNIES right into the chocolate cake. Making this the most decadent way to celebrate!
Chocolate Brownie Mini Bundt Cakes
1 box chocolate cake mix
1 box fudge brownie mix
2 eggs whites
1 1/4 cups water
1 cup canola oil
1 can chocolate fudge cake icing
1. Preheat oven to 350 F. Grease a mini bundt pan.
2. In a bowl add the cake mix, brownie mix, oil, egg whites, eggs and water. Pour into mini bundt pan and bake 20 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean.
NOTE*** Do NOT use the ingredients on the brownie mix and cake mix, just what is listed above.
*recipe inspired by Love Foodies
We’ve got a perfect Valentines Day dessert that’s the definitely a crowd pleaser. Cookie Butter Cookie Pizza with fun toppings! Bake up a tray of cookie butter blondies, slice them like a pizza, and decorate them with everyone’s favorite toppings. Anyway you slice it, you’ve got a ❤️ly little treat for all of your ❤️ed ones. Happy Valentines Day!!!
Cookie Butter Cookie Pizza
Cookie Butter Blondies Recipe
Have you realized that Thanksgiving and Christmas are just around the corner? Because we always take our cheating up a notch during this time of year, we’ve decided to scale back our sweet treating a bit. However, what would a Saturday be without a little sinful indulgence? We’re filling our sugar void with Reeses Peanut Butter Cup Baked Oatmeal. It’s loaded with peanut buttery cocoa yumminess without the guilt. Two thumbs up for sweet satisfaction!
Reeses Oatmeal Recipe:
Ingredients (Serves 1)
1/2 cup rolled oats
1/4 tsp pure vanilla extract
1/4 cup mashed banana
2 Tbsp almond milk
1 1/2 tbsp agave
1/8 tsp sea salt
1 tbsp cocoa powder
1-2 tbsp peanut butter
Preheat oven to 380 degrees. Combine all ingredients and mix well. (If peanut butter was in the fridge, you might want to heat it up a little so it’s easier to stir.) Pour into a greased 1-cup ramekin, or two 1/2-cup ramekins, or a mini-loaf pan. Cook for 20 minutes or more, until it gets firm. Finally, set your oven to “high broil” for 3 more minutes, or until it reaches desired crispy-ness.
1/4 cup peanut butter
4-8 tsp agave
2 tbsp cocoa powder
4 tsp almond milk
3/4 tsp pure vanilla extract
Blend everything in a small food processor. If you have a bigger processor, it might be best to double the recipe so everything blends more smoothly.
*recipe from Chocolate Covered Katie
* frosting recipe Chocolate Covered Katie
We know the calendar says today is May 2, but in our kitchens it’s Cinco de Mayo. We are throwing a fiesta for our taste buds. And what’s a party without a pinata? Pinata Cupcakes are the best kind, as far as we’re concerned. You see, you get one all to yourself to smash, you get to have all the treats inside, and you even get to eat the outer packaging! This is going to be one partido dulche (sweet party)!
- makes 12 cupcakes
- for the cupcakes
- 1 box dark chocolate cake mix
- Heath Bits
for the filling
- 1/3 cup M&Ms
for the frosting
- 1 container dark chocolate frosting
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Instead of making the cake mix according to directions on the back of the box we are using these tips instead:
- add one more egg (or add two additional if you want it to be really rich)
- double the oil amount, but use melted butter instead of oil
- use milk instead of water. 3.Grease a muffin pan and pour ale batter 3/4 full in each muffin tin. 4.Bake cupcakes for 16-18 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. 5.Cool cupcakes completely before moving on to next steps. 6.When cupcakes have cooled, hollow out a small hole in the center using small sharp knife. Fill hole with M&Ms. 7.Pipe frosting onto cupcakes, decorate with Heath bits.
- Note: Serving and eating immediately recommended because the M&M’s soak up some moisture and lose their crunch after being inside of the cupcakes. (This will be no trouble for us!)
*recipe adapted from I Am Baker
‘Twas an ordinary trip to our local grocery store and what to our wondering eyes should appear? Heath Toffee Bars boxed and ready to be made. Oh dear! This Saturday’s treat is selected, baked, and sure to disappear!
Heath Toffee Bars
Bake Betty Crocker Heath Premium Dessert Bars according to the directions on the back of the box.