If you’re a member of the MOB (mom of boys) like we are then you know our inspiration for this week’s treat. Lil dudes mowin down Dirt Cake – nothing could be sweeter!Dirt Cake
- Chocolate cake mix, plus ingredients on the back of the box
- 1 jar hot fudge
- Already made chocolate vanilla pudding
- Oreos, crushed
- Gummy worms
Mix and bake cake accordingly the directions on the back of the box. Once cooled spoon cake into the bottom of a clear cup, layer on hot fudge, pudding. Sprinkle crushed Oreos on top and poke a few gummy worms into the mixture. Go for it!
It’s a special time of year for us. Almost as great as our birthday. We get to celebrate the most important ladies in our lives, including each other. It’s Mother’s Day weekend and we’re taking full advantage of it. We will be enjoying some much needed “me” time, getting pampered by our families, and sweet treat cheating all weekend long. Candy Bar Poke Cake. Enough said!
Happy Mother’s Day to all moms, especially ours! We love you!
Candy Bar Poke Cake
- 1 box chocolate cake mix, plus ingredients on back of box
- 1 cup hot fudge sauce
- 1 tub (8 oz) Cool Whip, thawed
- 2 cups chopped assorted candy (we used M&M’s, Kit Kats, Snickers, Rolos, Hershey Bar & Heath)
- 1/2 cup caramel sauce
- 1 can of sweetened condensed milk
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease a 13×9 inch pan with cooking spray.
- Make the cake according to the directions on the back of the box. Pour into the greased pan and bake for 30-35 min. Cool completely.
- Once cooled, poke holes through the cake. Mix the can of sweetened condensed milk and 1/2 cup of caramel sauce. Pour over the holes. Sprinkle with Heath Bits.
- Spread the Cool Whip on top of the cake. Top with the chopped, assorted candies. Drizzle the top with the caramel sauce and hot fudge.
- Eat and enjoy!
*recipe adapted The Domestic Rebel
We know the calendar says today is May 2, but in our kitchens it’s Cinco de Mayo. We are throwing a fiesta for our taste buds. And what’s a party without a pinata? Pinata Cupcakes are the best kind, as far as we’re concerned. You see, you get one all to yourself to smash, you get to have all the treats inside, and you even get to eat the outer packaging! This is going to be one partido dulche (sweet party)!
- makes 12 cupcakes
- for the cupcakes
- 1 box dark chocolate cake mix
- Heath Bits
for the filling
- 1/3 cup M&Ms
for the frosting
- 1 container dark chocolate frosting
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Instead of making the cake mix according to directions on the back of the box we are using these tips instead:
- add one more egg (or add two additional if you want it to be really rich)
- double the oil amount, but use melted butter instead of oil
- use milk instead of water. 3.Grease a muffin pan and pour ale batter 3/4 full in each muffin tin. 4.Bake cupcakes for 16-18 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. 5.Cool cupcakes completely before moving on to next steps. 6.When cupcakes have cooled, hollow out a small hole in the center using small sharp knife. Fill hole with M&Ms. 7.Pipe frosting onto cupcakes, decorate with Heath bits.
- Note: Serving and eating immediately recommended because the M&M’s soak up some moisture and lose their crunch after being inside of the cupcakes. (This will be no trouble for us!)
*recipe adapted from I Am Baker