Get Ready! Cake Batter Monster Cookie Cupcakes!!! Part cake batter. Part monster cookie. Blended together into a buttercream filled cookie cupcake. Perfection! Making our cookie monsters’ sweet dreams come true!!!
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter flavored
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar
- 1 large egg white
- 1 tablespoon almond milk
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 1/4 cup vanilla cake mix, dry
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup dark chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup M&Ms
FOR THE FROSTING
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup butter flavored Crisco
- 3 3/4 cups powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoons (10ml) pure vanilla extract
- 5 tablespoons almond milk
- sugar sprinkles for garnish
- Preheat the oven to 350° F. Combine the softened crisco with the brown and granulated sugar. Beat on medium speed until well combined, 2-3 minutes.
- Next add the egg white, almond milk, and vanilla extract and continue beating until well incorporated.
- In a separate bowl, combine the dry ingredients: flour, cake mix, oats, salt and baking soda. Stir to combine and slowly add the dry ingredients into the dough, mixing on low speed until dough starts to form.
- Before the dough thickens, add the chocolate chips and M&Ms. Beat a couple of times until they start to incorporate.
- Scoop the dough using a large cookie scoop and place in a greased muffin pan.
- Bake for 9 minutes. The center of the cookie should be slightly under baked but not too gooey. Allow to cool fir 2 min then use a small shot glass and press into the center of the baked cookie. Allow to cool in the muffin pan for 5-10 minutes before transferring to a wire rack to cool.
- For the frosting: Cut the butter into smaller pieces. Using the paddle attachment, whip the butter and Crisco for 5-7 minutes, scraping down the bowl occasionally, beating until the butter is very fluffy.
- Add the powdered sugar, vanilla extract & almond. Ensure the powdered sugar is well combined, then and whip for 3-4 minutes at high speed.
- To assemble the cupcakes use a cookie scoop and scoop the frosting into the indentation if the cookie. Place sprinkles on top. Yum!