Good thing it’s Saturday because our baking cabinets are full! We’ve been stockpiling ingredients like nobody’s business and it’s time to get organized! What better way to use these goodies than in our Loaded Oatmeal Cookies. Chocked full of all things chocolate, a variety of M&Ms, toffee, and for extra crunch – pretzels! We will get these cabinets cleaned out so we have room for tasty new ingredients to try!
Make Sister Sweetly’s Favorite Oatmeal Cookie Dough. Stir in dark chocolate chips, a variety of M&M flavors, Heath Bits, and pretzel pieces. Bake according to the recipe directions. Now go stock up again!
Easter, a day of rejoicing, celebrating, and egg hunting. All things worthy of cake. Mini bundt cakes topped with buttercream frosting and Easter chocolates are the cutest little treat to share with all of your peeps. Happy Easter!
Brownies. We love them. We love everything about them. We love them plain. But we especially love them when they come with extras. This Saturday we’re indulging in brownies covered in Oreo pieces and hot fudge. And Heath bits too. We might even top them with a little whip cream. Thank you brownie inventor. You make our Saturdays full of sweet love.
When someone extra special has a birthday, you make sure to have an extra special birthday treat. Not only are we making birthday cake, we’re topping it with all the yumminess that of an ice cream sundae. Ice cream, whip cream, sprinkles, frosting, caramel, hot fudge, sprinkled with bits of Heath, Rolos, and M&Ms. Extra special for the win!
Make a yellow cake according to the recipe on the back of the box.
Later a jar with cake, then frosting, ice cream, whip cream in any order. Top with Rolos, Heath, and M&Ms. Celebrate!
Get Ready! Cake Batter Monster Cookie Cupcakes!!! Part cake batter. Part monster cookie. Blended together into a buttercream filled cookie cupcake. Perfection! Making our cookie monsters’ sweet dreams come true!!!
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter flavored
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar
- 1 large egg white
- 1 tablespoon almond milk
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 1/4 cup vanilla cake mix, dry
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup dark chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup M&Ms
FOR THE FROSTING
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup butter flavored Crisco
- 3 3/4 cups powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoons (10ml) pure vanilla extract
- 5 tablespoons almond milk
- sugar sprinkles for garnish
- Preheat the oven to 350° F. Combine the softened crisco with the brown and granulated sugar. Beat on medium speed until well combined, 2-3 minutes.
- Next add the egg white, almond milk, and vanilla extract and continue beating until well incorporated.
- In a separate bowl, combine the dry ingredients: flour, cake mix, oats, salt and baking soda. Stir to combine and slowly add the dry ingredients into the dough, mixing on low speed until dough starts to form.
- Before the dough thickens, add the chocolate chips and M&Ms. Beat a couple of times until they start to incorporate.
- Scoop the dough using a large cookie scoop and place in a greased muffin pan.
- Bake for 9 minutes. The center of the cookie should be slightly under baked but not too gooey. Allow to cool fir 2 min then use a small shot glass and press into the center of the baked cookie. Allow to cool in the muffin pan for 5-10 minutes before transferring to a wire rack to cool.
- For the frosting: Cut the butter into smaller pieces. Using the paddle attachment, whip the butter and Crisco for 5-7 minutes, scraping down the bowl occasionally, beating until the butter is very fluffy.
- Add the powdered sugar, vanilla extract & almond. Ensure the powdered sugar is well combined, then and whip for 3-4 minutes at high speed.
- To assemble the cupcakes use a cookie scoop and scoop the frosting into the indentation if the cookie. Place sprinkles on top. Yum!
Hooray! It’s our favorite day – Saturday! We’re popping with joy for our new favorite way to dress up a box of our favorite – Brownies! Salted Caramel M&M Popcorn Brownies are the perfect combo of salty and sweet and the M&Ms add a little more crunch and a lot more chocolate (our most favorite)! Favorite day + favorite treat = favorite way to spend time together!
Brownies – make according to the directions on the back of the box
Caramel Corn –
- 1/2 cup popcorn kernels
- 2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup + 4 T. butter cubed
- 1/2 tsp . salt
- 1 cup M&M’s
- Using an air popper, pop the ¼ cup of corn kernels.
In a medium saucepan, add the sugar into a dry pan. Place the pan over medium heat. Every minute or two, give the sugar a swirl by picking the pan up and moving it in a circular motion. Don’t use utensils. You’ll start to see the sugar caramelize. Keep picking up and swirling the pan until all the sugar has melted. It will take about 17 minutes for the sugar to caramelize and melt.
Once the sugar is melted, turn the heat down to medium/low. Add in the salt and vanilla bean paste. Do not use vanilla extract. It will make the caramel gritty.
Add in all of the butter and whisk until the butter incorporates into the caramelized sugar and it becomes thick. It will take a good couple of minutes of whisking vigorously to have the salted caramel come together. I used salted butter, but feel free to use unsalted. Remove from the heat.
Pour the salted caramel into the bowl of popcorn and stir until all the popcorn is coated.
Add in the m&m’s and stir to combine.
Spread the popcorn on the prepared brownies and let cool. As the caramel cools, it will harden. Slice and enjoy.
*recipe inspired by Cookie Dough and Oven Mitt
After last weeks frigid temps, we were pleasantly surprised with some spring-like weather this week. Spring fever is definitely in the air! And it’s certainly spreading into our Saturday sweet treat. Mini Frosted Sugar Cookie Sandwiches are what we will be creating this weekend. Bright colored frosting and sugar sprinkles will give us all feels of sunshine and rainbows. Bye bye winter blues! Hello spring!
Our favorite sugar cookie recipe
Roll out the dough and use a small glass or round cookie cutter to cut out circles of dough. Bake at 350 degrees for 6-7 min. Allow to cool.
Our favorite buttercream frosting
Mix with food coloring to create different smilk pring colors. Apply frosting between two cookies. Cover with sugar sprinkles. Then sandwich together and indulge!
We aren’t usually fans of leftovers. We easily pass on the plastic containers of last night’s dinner. We even refrain from eating our treats after each’s Saturday bake-a-thon. But when there’s leftover Valentine’s M&Ms we get on board! Today we’ll be using them in our Leftover Valentine M&M Cookie Pizza perfectly trimmed with our homemade buttercream frosting. Now we truly can’t wait for leftovers!
Make our favorite Cookie Dough Recipe. Place in a greased pizza pan. Bake at 350 degrees until it just slightly underbaked. Once cooled pipe the outer edge with our favorite Buttercream Frosting Recipe. Leftover win!
Happy Valentine’s Day! Sure it’s a day of loving on your sweethearts, but also a fantastic excuse to eat large amounts of chocolate! We’re geared for both! We’ll be showering our lovies with our new obsession- Sweetly Brownies the sweet sister of slutty brownies. They contain all our favorites – dark chocolate cookie dough with Valentine M&Ms, dark chocolate brownie batter, and we’re adding a new fave Lady Gaga Oreos to the middle. Have you seen them? Pink with green filling!!! We die! All of these goodies layered into a wonderfully delicious brownie bar guaranteed to show your sweeties know how much you love them! Enjoy the sweet things!
Make Sister Sweetly’s Valentine Oatmeal Cookie dough and press into the bottoms of a greased 9×13 baking dish.
Line the cookie dough with Lady Gaga M&Ms.
Make a box of dark chocolate brownie batter according to the directions on the back of the box. Pour on top of the Oreos.
Bake at 350 degrees for 35-40 min or until the middle is just slightly underbaked.
Sweeten your sweeties!
Most people start their Super Bowl menu planning with deciding between lots of appetizers like nachos, wings, pizza, etc. Not us tho! As with all of our major and minor events we plan sweet treats first! Don’t get us wrong, we’ll have plenty of other snacks, but dessert before dinner is our number one rule! This year is extra special again because our hometown Kansas City Chiefs are playing in the big game again this year!!! Woot! What could be better than Mahomes Magic Crunch Cereal Cookies made with the limited edition Patrick Mahomes cereal, you ask? Only a big KC win would make them even sweeter! Go Chiefs!
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup butter flavored Crisco
- 1 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs whites
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups Mahomes Magic Crunch Cereal
- 3/4 cup old-fashioned rolled oats
- 1/2 cup dark chocolate chips
- 1 cup red and yellow M&Ms
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Whisk together the flour, baking soda, and salt. Set aside.
- Using an electric mixer on medium speed*, combine the Crisco, brown sugar, sugar, egg whites, and vanilla until thoroughly combined.
- Reduce mixer speed to low. Gradually add the flour mixture, mixing just until combined. Fold in the cereal, oats, chocolate chips, and M&Ms.
- Drop the dough by tablespoonfuls onto the prepared pans. Bake 8 to 10 minutes, or until the edges are lightly browned.
- Cool on the pans for 10 minutes. Then transfer the cookies to a wire rack to continue cooling.
- Cheer on the Chiefs!
*recipe inspired by Bake or Break