Rainy days call for Healthy Pumpkin Muffins. Just sayin…
- 3 cups old-fashioned gluten free oats
- 1 tablespoon pumpkin pie spice,
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
- 3/4 teaspoon fine sea salt
- 2 egg whites
- 1 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1 cup pumpkin puree
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 3 tablespoons melted coconut oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- coconut sugar for sprinkling
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Line a 12-cup muffin pan with cupcake liners.
- Puree oats in a blender or food processor until they reach a flour-like consistency. Add in the pumpkin pie spice, baking soda and sea salt, and pulse until the mixture is evenly combined. Set aside.
- In a separate large mixing bowl, whisk together the egg whites, almond milk, pumpkin puree, maple syrup, coconut oil and vanilla extract until evenly combined. Fold the dry ingredients in with the wet ingredient mixture, and stir until the mixture is just combined.
- Portion the ingredients into prepared baking cups. Then sprinkle a pinch of coconut sugar on top of each muffin.
- Bake for 15-18 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center of the muffins comes out clean. Remove from the oven and place the pan on a cooling rack for 5 minutes.
- Serve warm and sprinkle with pecans.
*recipe inspired by Gimme Some Oven