Cue the music, flip on the twinkle lights, and gather your gift wrap and ribbons because it’s time to get your Ho Ho Ho on! The Santas and elves in our neck of the woods run on cookies to keep the workshop humming. Fueling on Frosted Sugardoodles will be just what we need in order to keep checking off our holiday to-do list! Ready. Set. GO!Let the holiday festivities begin!
- ½ cup butter flavored Crisco
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- ½ cup light brown sugar, packed
- 1 large egg white
- 2 tablespoons almond milk
- 1½ teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon salt,
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 cup cinnamon chips
- Buttercream Frosting- recipe below
- To the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, beat Crisco and sugars on medium-high speed until creamed and well combined, 2 to 3 minutes. Stop, scrape down the sides of the bowl, and add the egg white, almond milk, vanilla, and beat on medium-high speed until light and fluffy, 4 to 5 minutes. Stop, scrape down the sides of the bowl, and add the flours, baking soda, salt, and mix until just combined, about 1 minute.
- Preheat oven to 350°F, line a baking sheet with a parchment. Scoop heaping mounds and place them on the baking sheet, spaced at least 2 inches apart. Bake for 8 to 10 minutes, or until pale golden and edges have just set, even if slightly undercooked in the center, as cookies will firm up as they cool. Allow cookies to cool completely on the baking sheet before frosting with buttercream and top with a few cinnamon chips.
*recipe inspired by Averie Cooks
1/2 cup butter, room temp
• 1/2 cup shortening
• 3 3/4 cup confectioners sugar
• 5 tbsp almond milk
• 1 tsp vanilla extract
Mix ingredients together until creamy.