Doctors say laughter is the best medicine. And refueling with sugar every now and then can sure help fight the winter blues! This Saturday we’re getting happy with Valentine Cracker Toffee. We can already hear our Valentine’s chuckling through their smiles!
Valentine Cracker Toffee
30-40 graham crackers
1 cup butter
1 cup brown sugar, packed
1 cup chocolate chips
1 cup Hershey’s Hugs
1/2 cup M&M’s
1. Preheat oven to 350°F.
2. Line a large cookie sheet with parchment. Line the pan with graham crackers.
3. Place the butter and sugar in a medium sized pot over low medium-low heat. Stir until the butter is melted. Once the butter has melted, bring to a boil. Stir constantly. Turn down the heat and simmer for 3-5 minutes until thickened.
4. Once it’s nice and bubbly, remove pan from heat and pour evenly over graham crackers. Spread mixture with a knife.
5. Place pan in the oven and bake for 5-7 minutes.
6. Remove pan from oven and then sprinkle the chocolate chips and Hugs on top of the toffee while it’s still hot. Let the chocolate melt for a few minutes and then spread all over the toffee with a spatula. Let the crackers and toffee cool.
7. Sprinkle M&M’s on top and then place in the freezer for 30 minutes. Once chocolate has hardened break into pieces and store in a container.