Have you heard what today is? It’s National Pie Day! And we can’t think of any better way to celebrate than featuring our most favorite pie ever! Cherry Pie! We’ve made it before and we’re maken ‘it again. Grab your apron and rolling pin and join us in observing this special holiday sweetly!
• pre- packaged pie crust
• Mixed cherry pie filling
• 1 beaten egg
• granulated sugar for dusting tops of pies
1. Roll the dough out and use a large cup to cut a circle shape a little larger then a cup cake pan.
2. Press the circles into a greased cup cake pan, and press the edges together. One package of pie crust made 9 mini pies.
3. Spoon the pie filling into the cups. Don’t go quite to the top.
4. Take the other crust dough and use a pizza cutter to cut thin strips about 1/4 inch apart.
5. Use the strips to weave the pie lattice across the top of the pies.
6. Cut off the extra edges and crimp the edges together like you would with a regular pie.
7. Brush the tops with a little beaten egg and dust with granulated sugar.
8. Bake for about 20 minutes at 375, until the tops were brown.
9. Cool for a few minutes and serve with ice cream and whipped cream. Devour!
* recipe adapted from My Litter