Pies are not something we make too often, hardly ever, but when we came across this recipe for mini pies using simple ingredients we thought we had to give them a shot. Toss a little ice cream and whip cream on top and you’ve got one tasty little treat. And we say one quite loosely since never on a Saturday have we had just one! Enjoy!
• pre- packaged pie crust
• Mixed berry pie filling
• 1 beaten egg
• granulated sugar for dusting tops of pies
1. Roll the dough out and use a large cup to cut a circle shape a little larger then a cup cake pan.
2. Press the circles into a greased cup cake pan, and press the edges together. One package of pie crust made 9 mini pies.
3. Spoon the pie filling into the cups. Don’t go quite to the top.
4. Take the other crust dough and use a pizza cutter to cut thin strips about 1/4 inch apart.
5. Use the strips to weave the pie lattice across the top of the pies.
6. Cut off the extra edges and crimp the edges together like you would with a regular pie.
7. Brush the tops with a little beaten egg and dust with granulated sugar.
8. Bake for about 20 minutes at 375, until the tops were brown.
9. Cool for a few minutes and serve with ice cream and whipped cream. Devour!
* recipe adapted from My Litter