Now that we are halfway through April the temperature is starting to warm up around here. This Saturday there is no need to Crack open the windows since we are making cookies without even turning on our ovens. These Cookie Dough Pretzel Bites are super spec because they contain all our favorites: chocolate chips, Heath, mini M&Ms, and pretzels! But what makes these really exceptional is the fact that the dough is safe to eat raw. Come on! Our favorites just got even tastier!
- 1/2 cup butter flavored Crisco
- 1/2 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 2 Tablespoons milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 and 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup mini chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup mini M&Ms
- 1/2 cup Heath Bits
- 40-50 pretzels
- 8 oz semi-sweet chocolate
- 1 teaspoon shortening
- Line a large cookie sheet with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl beat the butter, granulated sugar and brown sugar together on medium speed until light and creamy. Add the milk and vanilla extract and mix. Add the flour and salt and mix. The dough will be thick and crumbly, just keep mixing until it comes together. Mix in mini chocolate chips, mini M&Ms, and Heath Bits.
- Roll the dough into balls, about 2 teaspoons of dough per sandwich. Sandwich balls between two pretzels and place on prepared baking sheet. Freeze for 20 minutes.
- While the pretzel bites are chilling, break up the chocolate and melt with the shortening for about 1 minute in mircrowave, stirring every 20 seconds. The shortening is used to thin the chocolate out. Dip the pretzel bites halfway into the melted chocolate and place bites back on baking sheet. Refrigerate the dipped bites for at least 10 minutes to allow the chocolate to set. Cover and store pretzel bites in the refrigerator for up to 5 days.
*recipe adapted from Sally’s Baking Addiction