Ever had the feeling that something is missing in your routine? Well, that’s us these last couple of weeks. Traveling and busy schedules have kept us from doing our favorite Saturday baking ritual together. Not this week! We are staying put and feel the need to whip up something extra special. Rolo Oatmeal Cookie Bars are just what our sweet tooths ordered!
Rolo Oatmeal Cookie Bars
- 1 cup butter flavored Crisco
- 1 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 tbsp milk
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 1 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 1/2 cups old fashioned oats
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup Rolo Bites candy
- Preheat oven to 375ºF. Grease a 9×13 baking dish.
- Mix together the butter, brown sugar, and eggs. Mix in the milk, vanilla, flour, baking soda, salt, and oats.
- Stir in the chocolate chips, and Rolos.
- Spread the dough in the prepared baking dish. Bake for approximately 20-25 minutes. The edges should be set and golden brown.
- Allow to cool for at least 10 minutes before cutting. (Unless you can’t wait, like us!)
*recipe adapted from Something Swanky