Woot woot! It’s Saturday. Our favorite day! Our cheat and treat ourselves day. This week we are preparing for Easter and doing a trial run on a new recipe: Salted Caramel Carrot Poke Cake. Since it’s best after sitting in the refrigerator over night, it’s a perfect make-the-night-before and travel-with-the-next-day dessert. Why not take this “EGG”TRA-ORDiNARY yumminess to your Easter celebration? Every”bunny” will love it!!!
Salted Caramel Carrot Poke Cake
- 1 box Carrot Cake Mix
- 1 package Instant Vanilla Pudding
- 4 Eggs
- ½ cup Milk
- 1 cup Sour Cream
- ¾ cup Canola Oil
- 1½ cups Chopped Pecans
- 14 oz. can Sweetened Condensed Milk
- 1 container of cream cheese frosting
- Smuckers SaltedCaramel Sauce
- ½ cup Chopped Pecans
- Preheat 350 F.
- Combine cake ingredients except for Sweetened Condensed Milk and mix until combined.
- Pour batter into a greased 9 x 13 inch pan.
- Bake for 40-45 minutes.
- Let cake cool completely. Do not remove cake from pan, it cannot stand on its own.
- Once cake has cooled, use a skewer to evenly poke the cake about 25 – 40 times.
- Pour sweetened condensed milk over the cake and let set over night.
- Once cake has set spread frosting over the cake.
- Heat opened Salted Caramel Sauce jar in the microwave for 20 – 30 seconds.
- Pour SaltedCaramel Sauce over the frosting and top it with chopped pecans.
*recipe adapted from Living Better Together