I, Trina, have been calling in lots of favors around here lately since my son had his tonsils out a few days ago. We are truly blessed with wonderful family and friends who are very willing to help us out. Now what to do to show our appreciation? Bake treats, of course! I tried a new recipe and I declare Heath Bits Peanut Butter Cookies the perfectly sweet way to say THANKS!
- 1/2 cup shortening
- 3/4 cup Creamy Peanut Butter
- 1-1/4 cups packed light brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons milk
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 egg
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1-1/3 cups (8 oz. pkg.) HEATH BITS ‘O BRICKLE Toffee Bits, divided
1. Heat oven to 375°F.
2. Beat shortening, peanut butter, brown sugar, milk and vanilla in large bowl until well blended. Add egg; beat just until blended. Combine flour, baking soda and salt; gradually beat into peanut butter mixture. Stir in 1 cup bits; reserve remainder for topping.
3. Drop by heaping teaspoons about 2 inches apart onto ungreased cookie sheet; top each with reserved bits.
4. Bake 7 to 8 minutes or until set. Do not overbake. Cool 2 minutes. Remove to wire rack. Cool completely. Makes about 36 cookies.