I (Tina) recently received a gift that consisted of a box of caramel cake mix, a tub of dark chocolate frosting and a bag of Heath bits. Along with this gift came a challenge to create a dessert using these ingredients. Challenge accepted! First I thought I’d make dark chocolate caramel Heath cupcakes. Then I considered making caramel cake cookies with dark chocolate frosting and Heath sprinkles on top. I even wondered if I could use these ingredients to create an unique kind of cake pop. But the winner ended up being Dark Chocolate Frosted Heath Caramel Cake Bars. A winner indeed!
- • 1 package Signature Caramel Cake Mix
- • 2 large eggs
- • ¼ cup water
- • ¼ cup firmly packed brown sugar
- • ¼ cup butter or margarine
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- • 1 cup Heath Bits
- 1 container of dark chocolate frosting
1.Preheat oven to 375ºF. Grease 13″x9″ pan.
2.Combine cake mix, eggs, water, brown sugar and butter in large bowl. Stir until thoroughly blended. Mixture will be thick. Stir in chocolate chips. Spread in greased pan.
3.Bake at 375ºF. for 24 to 27 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool completely in pan.
4. Before cutting into bars frost with Duncan Hines® Dark Chocolate Frosting. Sprinkle with Heath Bits. Cut into bars.