Wanna know what’s better than Snickerdoodle cookies? Snickerdoodles stuffed with Rolos! Don’t underestimate this cookie’s ability to blow your mind. They are a game changer!
Rolo Stuffed Snickerdoodle Cookies
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) of butter, room temperature
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 1 1/4 cup + 2 Tbsp flour
- 1 tsp cream of tartar
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 24 Rolos, unwrapped
- 2 Tbsp sugar
- 3/4 tsp cinnamon
- In a stand mixer, cream butter with 3/4 cup sugar. Add egg & vanilla & mix.
- Add flour, cream of tartar, salt & baking soda & mix.
- In a separate small bowl, combine 2 Tbsp sugar with 3/4 tsp cinnamon. Set aside.
- Scoop some cookie batter, squish a Rolo in the center, pinch & smooth any seams by rolling the dough in your hands, hiding the rolo in the middle. Then roll cookie ball into cinnamon sugar mixture. Place on a greased cookie sheet & repeat for all cookies.
- Bake at 325*F for 12-13 minutes. Makes 2 dozen small cookies.
*Recipe adapted from Amber (Dessert Now, Dinner Later!)